Hey im 13, Over the years i have noticed my d*ck being wierd. I have recently became concerned with a piece of skin making me unable to retract my foreskin. The skin is attached (nearly part of) my piss hole. I have heard that surgerys the only answer but am also aware about slowly pulling it back in hot showers. Truthfully Ive probably become more scared then relief when searching the internet. Please help.

Hi scared,

You're normal.  At 13 it can be difficult to retract your foreskin.  Usually you don't outgrow it until about 16 or so.

Look up "frenulum."  That's probably what you see.  It's NORMAL.

Keep pulling the skin back and it will help.

Good luck.

Will this work for 18 year olds?

Yes!

Check out this thread from a 17 year old.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/17_and_cannot_pull_open_foreskin_all_the_way_t255547.html

Oh yeah I have that to but I have learned to just ignore it when mastubating just be careful for it and use a condom during sex or it can hurt a lot

I have similar to that Dan, but i have a piece of skin attaching the foreskin to the head will it just tear? And disappear?

and is it dangerous?

Anonymous,

Is it your frenulum? Look it up, no pics!

No, it isn't dangerous. Worst case, it tears, there is some blood and some pain.

I believe it is the frenulum, however doesn't it just grow back a few months later i heard? Not good :( i'm scared a bit to be frank

Grow back?

If you tear it, it can heal together but it may actually be tighter due to the scar tissue (it doesn't stretch).

If you can, see a urologist. They can help you determine IF there is a problem and how to treat it.

In some cases, a simple procedure called a "frenulectomy" may be required. Basically, a small incision is made to help it lengthen. It is NOT a circumcision.

Does it hurt dan? Honestly? I've spoken to my parents and I think i might go see a urologist. But i'll see what my mum says about it as she is a nurse.

Sorry, does what hurt? The frenulectomy? If you need one they would "numb" the area first. It can be sore while it heals, you can't totally stop erections after all.

If you mean if it tears? Yes, it can hurt. There are lots of nerves in the frenulum.

Hope it helps.

Was wondering do they used a general or local 'numb' for the frenulectomy. Also i'm considering just getting a circumcision to just get it all done and over with. I hear it's much cleaner too. I was wondering for circumcision is it local or general anestetic also. I'd prefer general over any of them.

They'd use a local anesthetic. There is no need for a general.

You should reconsider having a circumcision unless absolutely necessary. It may look "cleaner" but you'll pay the price in sensitivity as quite a bit of nerve tissue get removed during circumcision. It's also very uncomfortable, especially as an adult, to have done.

O god a local doesn't sound good at all -_-. Is there a natural way to get rid of the problem? Like steroid creams or something?

Stretch it. Did you read this thread from above?

A local is the same as what your dentist uses for a filling. You don't need a general anesthetic (totally knocked out) for this. General anesthetics have risks.

Steroid creams may help IF used with stretching exercises. You will have to do some work here.

See the urologist first to identify the problem, if there is one. That's the one thing you can't do over the internet, get it examined, which you need.