When I was younger, I was diagnosed with Hypospadias and was soon after under surgery for it. Now I'm 19 and the past years I've noticed that I'm unable to retract the foreskin completely back. When it's not erect, I can pull it all the way over the glans at the front, but after that it's limited, because the skin is stuck in a line under the glans and all the way down at the base of my penis, which I assume is due to the surgery I had when I was younger. This also means that when it's erect, I can bearly retract it further than just down my glans at the front. Can anything be done to fix this?

Hi JKC,

See your urologist for an exam.  Sometimes the frenulum prevents the foreskin from retracting completely.  There is a procedure, a frenuloplasty, that can give you some more "lenght."  Or, a frenulectomy, in which they remove the frenulum.  Neither is a circumcision.

The frenulum runs along the underside of the penis.

Again, see a UROLOGIST.  This is what they specialize in.

Good luck.

JKC,

You may have a hooded foreskin; usually circumcision is done during a hypospadias repair to harvest the foreskin, but yours may have been left as is. We usually have hooded foreskins rather than ones that completely circle the head of the penis evenly. Hooded foreskins will appear bunched up on top of the penis instead.

You could probably have a cosmetic revision performed if this bothers you