first off, i am a sexually active 19 year old...

my period's awfully irregular, since the beginning. they used to be about every month, give or take a week or two(not predictable), but then, when a friend of mine died, they began getting farther and farther apart, then i moved and was subjected to immense stress, etc., etc., and my doctor just passed it off as being from stress.

i usually get my period once every 3 - 6 months or so.
when i mention it to my friends, they gasp, and they're like "is something wrong with you?" and it just makes me uncomfortably paranoid.

as of now, i haven't had a period since about april.

but a few days ago, i started to experience some irritation (soreness and itching), and i just assumed it was another yeast infection... the discharge appeared to be clear, but when it's saturated, it appeared white... which wasn't strange, really.

but then, today, upon further examination, the discharge turned slightly reddish brown, and it appeared to be curdley in compisition...

i looked closer, and realized it's what appears to be skin. small pieces of flat white flesh... with a tiny little bit of blood.

i'm not experiencing any pelvic pain, fevers, or anything like that.

i chose against going to the ER, in a fit of pure panic. i am scheduling and emergency visit to the doctor's tomorrow, just to ease my mind, i hope.

my mother and i have searched and searched, and can't quite seem to find any symptoms that match it.

any ideas? am i going to die? (haha).

Sometimes when the uterine lining has been in there a while it can come out looking like pale rubbery skin - I have had that happen before and it was scary. Hopefully it is nothing major.

So what is this? I'm going through the same thing and am afraid of wasting my time and the doctors time if this is something that will just pass on its own.

I was diagnosed with HPV a few months back and went through a Coloscopy (freezing of cells) in order to correct my abnormal cells. My last visit in March to the gyno I was told I was fine and healthy.

So why am I experiencing this now? Are they even related???

I have just recently experienced the same thing about 3 to 4 days ago I was on the depo provera shot and i got my period once every three months I was on it for about 2 1/2 years and decided to switch to the yasmin and when I experienced the flesh it freaked me out so i went to the emergency and they told me that the depo shot created walls in my uterus my grand mother told me she experieced it about 2 times and had to get a D and C surgery can any one tell me if they had to get that done?[/list]

Ever since i can remember, i've had my period once every 2months. I went to my doctor when i first realizing my cycle was a bit off, however, he told me that i was fine as long as it came steadily. 3weeks ago i was diagnosed with HPV and i am on the verge of finding out if i have cervical cancer or not; I'm so afraid. What's worst is that although i was having no symptoms, 3 days ago i started realizing that i was having a discharge and the color at first was white but then it started showing a hint of blood and now I'm seeing what appears to be skin particles covered in blood that almost appears to be a dark brown. My doctor's appointment is on the 19th of june, it was the earliest i could get. I don't know what to do or what to think. this is really scaring the hell out of me.

Hi, I am Jami. I am a 20 year old female. I also being diagnosed and treated for HPV and had the same thing happen.. firs twhite discharge then a cloudy blood like discharge as if the white was being very well mixed with blood then pieces of flesh.. I saw my doctor.. the process: they asked me and I said it was flesh adn they said.. ehh it's probably jsut something that looks liek flesh.. they took a sample and exacmined it.. then.. they came back and said it's flesh... and then gave me antibiotics (that I never took as I had it once previous to that visit) and said if it doesn't go away then come back.. I asked for a cause or reason or where why? anything.. they coudln't give me any answers and woulsn't help... it's been that way with doctors since it started happening.. now I have about 30-40 cysts growing on my ovaries after 5 years... I havesearched and asked.. begged for answers.. teatment.. recieved nothign.. I believe that this flesh is from tumors/cysts/fibroids rupturing inside of the womb itself. I feel sorry for other people like me having this issue because like me I know you are searching and looking. I thought when I moved to TExas I had a break.. my friend was dignosed with gulstones and on his discharge papers for pelvic pain it said if you have white/pinkish or gray flesh comming out from the vagina please seek immediate medical attention and return to the ER. I went to that ER with that piece of paper and they said that they had nothign on file that matched those symptoms and didn't understand how that was on the piece of paper. they tried to reach the doctor who printed that out and he had moved. like most of you, liek I said I have HPV.. not many people don't. It jsut never shows up in them, and like one of you I had Cryofreezing treatment as well. When I underwent that treatment I did shed a lot of the cervix form the freezing killing the tissue. either way if any of you recieve a break please let me know! thanks! and I hope this helped any of you looking.
_[removed]_

Jami

same sitch, minus being sexually active. i recieved those same symptoms after the hpv shots, minus the spots of blood though. It may be a symptom of that, plus sinsitive vaginal skin, and adding moiter to that only creates a problem for the skin to heal. this is my hypothesis and even knowing that much cant figure out how to make it stop-

I've had a baby about a year and a half ago, and after I had her i bleed for 6 weeks, with random tissue and blood clots mixed in with it. I had the appearance of abnormal cells before my pregnancy a few years back, and then once during the pregnancy. After my six week check-up the abnormal cells were gone so I did not receive any treatment. I've been on the pill for about a year now, (allese) and my periods are extremely light, but occasionally have what looks like little pieces of skin tissue in it......I have occasional abdominal pain and feel tired and drained all the time, (may be caused from chasing toddler..LOL) doctors have no answers or care for answers if you don't come in the office in a black bag, your alright for now in their mind. I honestly believe that it may just be natural uteral wall shedding which does occur when you get your period. And if your not getting your period on a regular basis, your body is keeping all that inside, it needs to come out somehow and it may look different after it's been trapped in there for a while.

Well okay, I'm 14 years young, and I'm not sexually active.
I've been on my period about 22 days now, & it's so miserable.
I've been having skin come out when my discharge does, the discharge is light,
because i've been on it soooo long. When the skin comes out i've been worrying. I'm really red below,
i'm itchy, and just miserable, I can barely walk let alone barely make it to school without whimpering every step to my
classes. :cry: Gahh, Please help me, I don't know what to do, i'm so worried about it.
Help? Please? Thank you! Also, I would love it if you could add me on Yahoo! Facbook.
& or Myspace, I would love to get private messaging to help me out, please!
Thank you so much again! <33
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Thanks.

I'm a virgin, but the same thing happened to me this morning. And experiencing contraction like pains. Any ideas what it is?

HI, 
I'm 22 years old and I've been having similar experiences to many of the women on here. I am sexual active and I was diagnosed with HPV about a year ago. I've spoken to a few people about this and my mother (an OBGYN) and she believes that it may just be a natural shredding of the uterine lining. If it is occurring with each period or more often it is probably best to seek medical attention. For those of you with HPV, this could be the result of the Colposcopy from the freezing of the cells. I've also had the itching and burning around the time of periods and I cannot explain that. My doctor suggested that some women are just more sensitive. Be aware that wearing spandex type materials may worsen these conditions because it holds in the moisture when you sweat. I suggest wearing cotton materials and also being careful about the detergents your use because it could also be the result of a skin irritation. I hope this helps and I hope that more people with write in with their own experiences so that we can maybe figure out what is really happening and how to treat it. 

I am expierincing something similar but I am a fifteen year old and am not sexually active. today in the shower i periodically peed in little bits an every time I did blood flesh came out..? it wasnt watery or fluid blood it was fleshy,stringy,jelly -like. ive been coughing lately and it burns a little when I pee. I am so scared whats wrong with me!???

I am only 17 but i'm having the same exact problem as you... unfortunately i have no idea what it is :s but ive had it once before and it went away but obviously its back again and i just wanted to say you wont die lol

i have the same thing right now

i had the same thing n found out it was chlamydia! u should definetly get that checked out