A couple of days ago, I had a colposcopy and biopsy. This is my second one. Both times I have discharged a tissue-like substance about 3 days after the procedure. I know I am not pregnant and having a miscarriage. I cannot find any mention of this anywhere. Is this normal?

The same thing happened to me. I was a little freaked out, and it happened like two days after the procedure. It was also what I considered a lot (like the my entire hand aprox.) So, anyway, don't worry I guess everything's fine.

Yup, same thing happened to me. I haven't asked my doctor about it yet and I came upon this site trying to find info about it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Me too!!! also glad I'm not the only one!!!!

Still would like an explanation though...

Wow me too... and i was so freaking out... It looked like a little kid's sock! yeah so gross. i wasn't told anything about that kind of discharge, only that it may be coffee-ground like but that was inside the skin-like sac.

yay, feel so much better

I had a colposcopy on Friday and also had a strange discharge with quarter sized hard dark red stones mixed with pink tissue on Monday. I thought I had miscarriaged until I read all these posts. What a relief!

wow - i feel better now too. i called my doc and she acted like i was crazy... and said it was nothing. you all made me feel way better! thanks!

I had a colposcopy on monday, two cuts for the biospy and scraping. It is now friday and I continue to have that weird tissue like discharge w/ clumps of blood in it. However, I had no bleeding or cramping. I have had some pain, but that is going away. it is the weirdest.

I had a colposcopy on Monday. I didn't have any discharge until today. I had that weird yellow tissue like discharge (size of a quarter) with some coffee grounds. I 'm so glad I read all these posts. I'm still freaked about it but what a relief to find out that it was normal. Thanks to all of you. Btw, my result showed mild dysplasia. My doctor told me not to worry and that I would have a repeat pap and colposcopy in 6 months.( to monitor any changes)

This happened to me today too! I had a colposcopy 3 days ago and experienced the "mustard" colored discharge only once and it was very light. Today, I felt something "drop" out of me and it looked like yellowish-tissue, like thin skin, with coffee grounds in it! I was totally freaked out because I looked up a site that said that I could have conceived and miscarried already, and I'm in the middle of my cycle so Im' still 2 weeks away from a period. I'm still planning on calling my doctor tomorrow but I'm relieved to hear that this is associated with having a colposcopy and that it is normal. Thanks girls!!

I had a colposcopy two days ago and experienced the exact same tissue-like discharge today. It must be common but it's so weird that doctors don't say anything about it! Does anyone know the source of the tissue? Is it endometrial lining?

...i had a colpo 1 week ago and my doctor told me about this "discharge" then...she said you will pass something that looks like chicken skin and that it was perfectly normal. Didn't say how absolutely gross it would be but it is fine for that to happen. And btw i had a HUGE piece of it today and it literally is still making me sick to my stomach thinking about it. I hope to get good results today and just wanted to send my thoughts out to all of you because i know how unnerving this whole experience has been for me so...thoughts and prayers!

i had that weird skin-looking discharge today, about 4 days after my colposcopy. it was scary i didn't know what it was, at first it lookd like a sac, but it like expanded to thin skin (gross, sorry) and later i had just a small thin skin like piece. this site helped me a lot thanks guys., i just hope its normal!!

Unfortunately, I have had about four colposcopies and this weird discharge has happened to me just about every time. The first time, it almost looked like a cotton swab and I thought that it got left inside me! I also felt it "drop" out of me and it totally freaked me out. But all these posts really helped me describe what it looks like...although gross, I know. I just had my latest colposcopy on Wednesday and this happened to me on Sunday morning. My doctor is great but she didn't really warn me about this. She only mentioned the "coffee ground" discharge. I am still curious to ask her exactly what is is. If anyone has a more "medical" explanation let us know!

oh my gosh! It's been two days and I have had weird small tissue like pieces - I called them golden raisin skins - coming out along with that yellowish brown paste the doctor applied to stop the bleeding. Then a few minutes ago I passed a small banana's worth of the horrible raisin skin stuff, was sick to my stomach, and called my mom, who is an OB nurse. It sounds exactly like what the rest of you posted. I am so relieved that this is normal, the doctor didn't say anything about this.