I am wondering if I could be pregnant. I am on the pill. I thought for sure that I was pregnant, then I had my "period" (although we all know, if you are on the pill you don't get a REAL period).

I missed a pill May 16th, because I was drinking that night. I don't take the pill til the next day so I will not throw up. I took two pills several hours late on the 17th. I believe that I ovulated 16-17 days later, on June 2nd or 3rd. Although my "cycle" is 28 days because I am on the pill, my natural cycle before the pill was 34-35 days, so this would be the proper ovulation period for me. I had sex without a condom on the 3rd, but he did pull out. I know this in itself is not effective, but I figure the failure rate of the pill combined with the failure rate of withdrawl is very low. 8 days later, on the 11th. I woke up feeling DIFFERENT. My first thought was pregnancy (they say some people just "know"). I felt like my digestion slowed way down. I was constipated (I had NEVER been constipated before in my life, usually I have diahrrea fairly regularly.) Actually I had diahrrea earlier that week, so for the first day I thought my system just needed to catch up. I started having small, tiny BM, nowhere near the equievlant of what I was eating. I took a milder laxative, still just tiny BM, like there was nothing to move out, it was slowed up somewhere else. I got heartburn also. I because extremely emotional, crying at the drop of a hat starting the 12th. I cried multiple times at work on the 13th and 14th.

The 19th would be the first day I could take a HPT based on when I expected my "period". Took tests on the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, and I started bleeding on the 23rd. I started bleeding, and it was different for the first few days. I figured I wasn't pregnant. Also when I stopped taking my pills for my placebo week, my BM returned to normal.

The 13th, my nipples became sensitive. The 14th til the 25th, my entire breasts were sore. My fully healed nipple piercings started producing excess discharge on the 15th, which is still continuing. Now just my nipples are sensitive, not the entire breasts.

I have been bloated since the 11th of June, it is now the 2nd of July. I have gained a couple of pounds. The constipation has returned since I quit "bleeding". I have been extremely tired, even when I get sufficient sleep.

These are just the ones on my mind, I have had several other symptoms but they are not as major to me. The ones that concern me most are the constipation, constant heartburn (from breakfast?) and the breast symptoms.

I would be 6 weeks pregnant yesterday, I took HPT this morning and it came up negative. I don't have a OB that I want to go to, I go to a clinic for all my OB stuff and pills, and I don't even know if they do blood tests (they do urine tests a lot) and I don't want to go there. I am actually scheduled to have an IUD inserted in a few weeks and I want to know for sure that I am not pregnant. I still FEEL pregnant, but since I have never been pregnant before I wonder if it is all in my head.

Hi audit, I think that even though you are experiencing some odd symptoms that you are not pregnant. What birth control pill are you taking? I think that whatever it is, it is possible that the soreness and the swollen and sensitive nipples are related to skipping the pill like you did. If you have taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative, then it seems that you probably are not pregnant. If you are not sure then try taking the test in another week and if you're still negative, then you're definitely not pregnant. DOes that make sense? Keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

I also have a heightened sense of smell and mild nausea. Not enought to vomit (although I almost have several times), but enough to notice constantly. Smells really bother me. I smell things I have never smelled before, but I also quit smoking on the 14th. For several reasons, but also because I might be pregnant.

I am on Levora btw, generic for Nordette.

I am on Levora, Watson lab generic for Nordette. Low dose, monophasic, more estrogen less progesterone pill.

I also have a heightened sense of smell, I smell things that I have never smelled before. But I quit smoking on the 14th, which could lead to a better sense of smell. Like I smell different types of grass and weeds, I smell dirt when I go outside, even if it hasn't rained or anything.

I have moderate nausea, but no vomiting. Smells increase the nausea.

Skipping the pill on May 16th would not cause my nipples to be sensitive on July 2nd. Sorry not possible.

For the record, I take my pill a day late ever time I drink, and some other times just out of laziness. I have been taking this pill for over three years, and I take pills slightly late all the time (the instructions say if you miss one pill and take two the next day you are fine, but not the same level of protection, it drops from 99.9% to closer to 91%) I have NEVER had breast soreness with PMS (although my sister does), as a matter of fact my nipples and breasts have never been sensitive before.

I have also had hot flashes. I know I'm not menopausal, so what else could it be? I'm 21 btw.

I will keep posted, I am sure. I am so frustrated right now. I am bloated and constipated and unhappy, and I have had heartburn all morning. I want an explanation for these things. Pregnancy seems to be the only thing that explains it all.

I'm sorry that your'e frustrated and I will admit that I'm just guessing. I understand being stressed here but realize that I'm just trying to help out, okay? Now I can tell you that stress can also cause you to have symptoms similar to what you have so realize that as well. I guess that the best I can tell you is to be patient before you can take another test. Let me know, okay?

If I wanted to be patient and just wait, I never would have posted. I would just wait. If that is all anyone is going to say, don't. It frustrates me even more because I can be patient on my own without anyone telling me to.

I was hoping someone had some experience or something similar, or some other explanations for my symptoms. And besides thinking I'm pregnant (which is not causing stress, I am actually excited and hopeful) there is no source of stress in my life. I am at one of the least stressful points I have been in months. I am out of school for summer, I have a freaking desk job with no deadlines or time constraints, and I have a wonderful DBF who makes me happy. I was under a huge amout of stress til the first week in May, then I wasn't anymore.

Clearly you are feeling stressed and I'm sorry that I was not able to be of any help to you. I apologize that I gave you any sort of advice that was not helpful and again I was just trying to throw out some guesses to help, and since I wasn't able to do that I was just trying to offer support. I hope that someone else who posts is able to help you instead. I am sorry.