Last night I noticed what appeared to be a pimple on my upper lip. It wasn't red or inflamed, but it was significantly raised above the rest of my lip and there appeared to be a distinct head about the size of a pinhead. I freaked out a little bit and began trying to pop it because I once had something similar that did pop releasing a completely white fluid. Eventually I applied a little rubbing alcohol and left in alone.

Today, the whiteness is gone and what remains is a slightly red and soft bump. Now, normally I would have thought it just a pimple, however I've been doing some reading that leads me to think otherwise. As it turns out, there are no pores or sebaceous glads in lip tissue to become infected, only a few thin layers of skin covering spongy capillary-filled tissue.

Is this perhaps some kind of HS1 manefestation I'm seeing, or have other people experienced these strange "lip whiteheads?"

you probabally wont read this but just in case, I have the same thing and boy is it painful. i tried scraping out the infection or whatever is in there that is liquid but it wont go away. i have 3 days with it now and im getting frustrated. what did you do to get rid of it?

Same with me. I know mine can't be HSV1, as I have been tested and am clean. Also, the pictures of HSV1 that I have seen online are much larger and bubbly than the one on my lip right now (just a small pimple). What gives?