Hello all. I woke up with a white slightly painful bump on my upper lip (side). It looks like a pimple that I've had a few times around nose area, but was a bit worried that it might be herpes (have never had it, so don't know how it acts)? It appeared after first having a dry/sore area with little cracks on my lip (no redness only dry) and then I put lipstick on it for a halloween party. Not so wise perhaps, but maybe the oils has caused the irritation? Also been stressed with little sleep the last week. What do you think it is? Appreciate your help.

Here is a photo:

http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/whatisthis111/media/CIMG1737_zps7ddb39e0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks a lot.

It's a pimple, don't worry. It is more then likely from stress, and then the lipstick would not have helped the situation. Give it a day and it a little pimple head appears ( a little white dot on top of the yellow ish pimple, it looks like its already forming from the picture) you can pop it. DO NOT POP IT BEFORE it will just come back or get infected. Also when popping a pimple you have to get everything out otherwise it can get infected ( so it should be puss, blood, some clear liquid then blood again and thats how you know everything is out, squeeze around the area if these steps don't happen one after each other.

As for when its gone i suggest moisturizing around that area with vaseline ( plain type) at night and during the day if you want  ( on your lips and the dry areas around your lips) and stay away from lipsticks. you may get a few more if so just do what i suggested above again, my sister has the same problem. if you can get the skin to a healthy balance it shouldnt happen as often

Thanks you! That really comforted me. Just got concerned as it appeared after the dry/sore stage, but I'm also quite sure it's just a pimple now. Pheew! Never had it on my lip though.. .

Don't think vaseline is the best to put on though as it's quite oily (and maybe not the good kind of oil as it's from the petroleum industry) But I will leave it for a bit and see what happens.

Thanks again.