I sometimes get zits around my mouth. They appear small, looking like whiteheads. Initially, I had been concerned they could be cold sores, but they didn't act as such, and were painless and usually go away fairly easy. Recently I had two: one above my lip towards the right and one below my lip, bordering on the edge of my lip, towards the right. I'm terrible at not messing with them, so of course I would and the first have now gone away with only a slight scar left. The botton one has become annoying because it is no longer a zit (as in a bump) but instead a sore that keeps scabbing over. I'm still pretty sure it's not a cold sore, but for weeks it still hasnt gone away and nearly every night i mess with it by picking at the scab. I've never had anything like this before, any ideas and how to help it heal and go away?

It's a zit. It's either not ready to pop or its filed with blood and juice. Pop it. Or just wash it and put toothpaste on top of it, or proaxcide