why do you get pimples on your lip?

For the same reason you get them elsewhere. When the pores are closed (or half closed), sebum that is being produced by the oil glands and that lubricates the skin, collects under the skin since it has no place to go.

A pimple forms when this sebum accumulates under the foreskin and the blackheads form when there are little openings and this sebum turns to black when mixing with air. This is why blackheads are easier to pop then ordinary pimples.

I suppose there are more nerves around mouth and this is why squeezing the area hurts so much. The reasons I think there are a lot of nerves is because I know that this area is also sexually easily stimulated (at least for me and many others), so I figured it must be nerves then.

Anyway, if you have developed pimple like formations exactly on your both lips, that look like little dots and that don’t arise from the surface, then they must be Fordyce spots on lips.

I am a virgin but I have recently been getting painfull pimples on my inner vigina lips what are these caused from?

Well most "Pimples" on the lip area are cold sores caused by the Herpes Virus that you most likely have. When your immune system is weakened or you eat certain acidic foods etc they will spawn the most.

Nice way to scare the s*** out of someone are you a medical doctor?

If not, voice your opinion not your facts.... j**k.

I have this huge pimple on the upper lip and it hurts so bad. It's been like this for 7 days and it's showing no signs of it going away! I need it to go away so I can go back to school and no one would think anything of me or look at me weird when I talk to them. I would rather a pimple this big to be anywhere else than my lip because it's so noticeable and it just sits there, looking so disgusting, like as if I'm some sexually active freak nasty person and people already think that I'm screwing every and anybody (I'm a virgin). I need this off my lip ASAP! >:(

Having a true pimple on your lip has nothing to do with sexual behavior. This isn't a cold sore and not the herpes simplex virus.

It is just a pimple that has just formed in that area. These can get quite red and painful, distorting the lip, and last a long time. I honestly believe in this situation a visit to the doctor is needed unless you don't mind dealing with it for a month. If you can't get to a doctor, use warm compresses and don't irritate it anymore by squeezing it.

this may sound painful and it is but when I get pipmples on my lips that don't pop I take somthing pointy and poke a hole into it. It isn't really fluid inside so you have to squeeze it out. If it is big it may be red a few days though...

I have a pimple on the right side of my upper lip right now. It hurts like hell to pop it but that is because nerves are around the lip. Here is what i did and it SHOULD go away in a few days.

1. Get a very Sharp Razor
2. Barely nick the spot by squeezing it and tapping the razor to the pimple
3. No It Does not Hurt
4. Squeeze so you can get the "core" (the white stuff) out
5 Clean up and get antiseptic or whatever
6. Use clearasil or something on it daily

Yea, whoever said it was herpes is a *** edited by moderator: inappropriate posting ***. I am not a doctor, but have a lot of experience in this field. If you have a pimple on your lip DON'T CUT IT OR POP IT WITH A NEEDLE. A doctor may do that for you, but that is because they know how. If you don't squeeze all of it out, you can end up pressuring the oil lower and will result in a blackhead on the inside of your lip which looks like the nastiest swollen case of herpes you can imagine. Also, it doesn't heal on its own. Herpes, for all those who clearly have no idea, is normally not like a whitehead. Herpes blisters are actually normally clear and come in clusters, very different from pimples.

Also, as for the vaginal pimples. It could be herpes or it could be something else. About 20% of the population has genital herpes and about 80% has hsv-1 which is oral, just a lot less of the orally infected actually develop blisters. EVEN IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN you can still have either type of herpes. Most herpes cases are contracted during childhood, either during the escape from the birth canal or from a childhood kiss. Also, kids tend not too wash their hands. Since you said they are pimples, though, they can come from many different things. If you shave that area, they could be ingrown hairs. Also, the vagina sweats, its what causes the odor that men talk about. In an area that is dark, covered by other skin, and sweating, pimples and rashes are likely to develop. Best thing to do is see a doctor and keep it clean. Also, vaginal sweat is completely normal, its how the vagina self-lubricates during sex.

AS FOR THE GUY SAYING IT WAS HERPES AND SUCH, you are  *** edited by moderator: inappropriate posting ** * 

There are two versions of the herpes virus, one causes small cold sores on the lips (1), the other type is genital or sexual herpes(2) which causes the problems down below (they're not at all linked except by general family type, type 1 DOES NOT EQUAL type 2), so i think that person was probably referring to type one. Probably just a pimple anyway, I think type 1 herpes has weird symptoms like swollen glands and fever too, so its pretty unlikely to be the cause. %-)

Ok guys this is getting way out of hand, the pimple I have is red and it's been there for the past 4 months but never hurts at all even when I poke it, I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a cream antibiotic which i have to apply 3 times daily, called "Fucidin H". Now it's been a month since I started using it and no change! Please help me out guys, I want my lips to look pretty again:(

omg i have right now and i never had cold sopres so i dont think so.
and its right in between my lip line!
ugh
and i popped it ad cleaned it too much and put a lotof alcohol so my skin in like red and dry.
the pimple doesnt hurt. but if any of you can help me!!!please tell me something lol

As a teen I had a horrible acne pimple problem.
My Dad finally took me to a dermatologist.
The skin doctor was a nice guy and
gave me ZINC and VITAMIN A and they went away.
At 16 they were on my Face, eyes, lips, neck, back, chest,
buns, sometimes my legs. They went away in weeks.

Now I'm a 47 yr old man and I still get a zit now and then
and when I take these 2 safe supplements they disappear in
2 or 3 days.
Take ZINC tablets and vitamin A capsules. Get them cheap at
any grocery store. Seriously. If you have a bad problem
then use double the dose on the bottle or more for the first 3 or 4 days it can't hurt you.
And then a little less for a week or two then finally whatever it says
on the bottle. Keep it up. Keep taking them once or twice a day.
It's wonderful.
HEY And zinc is good
to keep colds short-lived too. A cold that would take a week or 10
days to get rid of, start taking zinc and it goes away in 3 days. : )
It's what you put inside you that causes your skin to be better.
Not what you rub all over it. Soap and Water sure but you do that
anyway. That's not the cause. Rubbing Clearasil in the pores makes it
worse.

I use clearasil and it works but I have had this one pimple like thing right under my lip for about a year. It's like attached to my lip and my skin. I popped it and it just never went away. Any idea on how to get it to go away?