Hello all! Yesterday when I woke up I saw a big pimple just right above my lip. It was hard, and I was touching it all the time, and today it got so much bigger that I actually think that it is a hair cos it looks like a boil now. My lip is also swollen from it. What should I do!!!

Hi there! I am also very misfortunate with pimples and boils. I have them all over my face and even at the back of my neck. The first thing you need to know is that you shouldn’t squeeze them, scratch or lance the boil. This can only push the infection deeper and it can spread the bacteria as well. You should wash the face with antibacterial soap and then apply hot towels for about half an hour, a couple of times a day. Until the head comes up, it may take a few days. Just continue the warm towel procedure for the next 3 days and put the bandage on to keep the draining material from spreading. Don’t forget to change the bandage regularly!!!!

hi there,
well its been ages now an i have had this like a pimple/cold sore in the left hand side corner of my mouth it has been there for ages an is quite large and i went to pop it an only blodo came out an it didnt even shrink, now i have a pimple type of thing on the bottom of my lip an on the top of my lip around where the lump is! an i am starting to get one on the right hand side of my lip. they are painful! the ones on the bottom of my lip are also on the inside of my lip. i dont know how to get rid of them! i've tried cold sore cream and theyre not going! theyre quite embarrassing... please help i dont know what to do

I would be really careful playing with this bump on your face. If it start out looking like a pimple and is getting bigger by the day, it is a sign of a staff infection and if it is on your face it could cause you to lose your eye sight. If it is staff it could be deadly if the infection goes to your blood stream. I just experienced a small bump under my arm that looked like a pimple and it got to be much bigger and tender to the touch. I went to the hospital on the third day and the infection had spread up my arm. It was a boil that contained a deadly staff called MRSA, I thought it was an ingrown hair as well as it got bigger. The hospital had to cut it open and drain it. (this was 4 days ago) Be really careful and have it checked out by a doctor...ASAP!

Yeah.. Thats what happened to me a few weeks ago.. I payed no concern to this (as i have a lot of pimples over my face and back and they keep visiting off and on) but then the infection went on wild.. I informed the doctor too late so i bore it for 2 weeks.. But those arent the same as the red white-head pimple they are talking about.. Even i am here coz i hav one over the side of my upper lip causing a swelling all arround and pain and i have them often.. They are actually big and painful becoz its not one pimple.. Its 2-4 pimples one over the other.. I had pricked all of them.. Little thick pus in each of them and a lot of blood is what comes out of it.. They leave scars so never try what i did.. Swelling and the pain is all that may matter and toothpaste is what i am gonna try to apply over it.. But ive heard that toothpaste also causes scars.. Applying ice is also a effective remedy to remove swelling.. Search net and find many.. ! :)