Hi

I am 6 months pregnant with my 4th child, and I am having numbness in my left leg when I am walking or standing and it will not go away until I take a seat. but when I get back up the numbness come back. Is this a seriouse problem I should worry about.

Hi there, that sounds like you might have a pinched nerve. I think it might be a good idea to talk to the doctor to make sure it's not anything more serious. What do you think?

Hi Tonya, just checking in with you. How are you doing? Did it turn out to be a pinched nerve or are you not sure what it is yet? I would like to help so can you let me know how you're doing? Thanks!

Hi Tonya, the baby could be laying on your nerve and when you sit, you could be shifting him/her just enough to move away from it. I think if you had a pinched nerve you would feel it all the time, not just when standing. Just a thought.
During my third pregnancy i had (can't spell it) syatica :$ :$ and my right leg and right buttock was numb all the time, it was also painful. Soaking in a warm tub or using the jet in a jacuzzi feels really good. Being pregnant tho you really shouldn't rub any muscle creme or anything like that unless you have checked with your doctor. Stuff like that seeps into our skin and could complicate things, idk.

Hi Tonya, are you around? I would like to hear how you're doing if you're still on. Can you give us an update? THanks!

The baby is sitting on your femoral nerve located in your pelvis. I also have this. I find propping my leg up on a stool to help when I have to stand for long periods. I've also found that if I let the numb feeling continue my inner thigh and half my vagina is also numb. However you should still mention it to your doctor. Numbness is also sign of some more serious conditions. Sciatica tends to be the buttocks and the back of the legs and is more painful. This condition I'm describing is simply numbness with a cold or burning sensation as the nerve regains feeling. When the baby is born the condition should subside however extra weight of the abdomen can cause this without being pregnant.

Ur last sentence is exactly what i experience 3-4 times a day and maybe 3 times at night when i turn over on my right side thanks so much im more at ease now

See I'm having the same problem but in both legs when I'm seating down it's a Lil better but when I am standing up I feel weak like my legs going to give out on me