Hi, Ive had problems with my intestines since years (I think a case of IBS, but not really debilitating, I could eat whatever I wanted, even if my stool isn't always regular or as it should be, and that I sometimes have flatulence problems, I could eat and digest pretty normally without too much pain too frequently. I take probiotics for that as well). But, since a month or so, I started having severe stomach problems. Before that, I had some sort of laryngitis, and then the stomach problems started. It started with a severe pain, like cramps, that come and go, in the area of the stomach and around the belly button, usually two hours after eating. at first, my doctor thought it was a stomach 'flu'. it didn't go away, and I couldn't eat almost anything without the pain starting, its such a severe pain, a rolling over the floor screaming pain, that makes me so nauseous that I have to vomit. usually the pain lessens a little after vomiting and eventually goes away in an hour. the only things I seem to be able to eat without pain and vomiting is toast with honey or jam, spinach and carrots, and a little pasta, garlic, potatoes, crackers, apple sauce. I tried other things, other vegetables, they all make me sick :-( Its never been like anything I experienced before. I lost over 2 or 3 kg. I had an echo made of my belly, they did not find anything. they know took a sample of my blood, to test for a few things, such as helicobacter pylori, Ill get the results Monday. I'm getting a bit desperate and wondering if Ill ever be able to eat normally again, I'm feeling week and hungry all the time, I wish I knew what this was, and what I could do to find out so I can take proper actions, cause it's been quite long now and I would love to get rid of this. any suggestions..?

Heidi - Have you considered whether you may have developed food allergies? My hubs suddenly developed a lactose and banana allergy. If it weren't for the toast, crackers, and pasta that you said you can keep down, I'd have suggested that you may have developed a gluten (wheat) allergy. have you tried ruling out food alelrgies? If not, you'd do this by starting, like you would with a baby. You start hby only eating chicken broth for an entire day. Next morning, you begin adding other foods - dry toast, crackers, mild veggies - one item each day. Then add one new itemw ith eat meal. But only one at a time. Then - when you have a reaction, you go back and see what was different. Actually keep a food diary.

Other things....do not eat anything after 7 pm in the evening. Sit upright for at least 2 hours after eating.

Good luck Heidi!

try AKIN YOUR DOC

Did u end up finding out what was wrong?