I'm 15 years old...

Since about two weeks back I wasn't feeling too great. I keep sneezing and coughing a lot. Today, when I was in my high school playing indoor soccer, I noticed it was almost impossible for me to catch a "full" gasp of air when running. I stoped but it didn't get that much better. After I stoped playing and got home, which is about now, it has gotten easier to breathe, but I can still hear myself kinda weazing.

Anyways, I also have been getting itchy eyes and stuff. I'm not exactly sure if this is a really long cold or something, but one of my nostrils has been plugged up while the other is just fine and open.

I'd like to know if I show the symptoms of allergies so I can decide whether or not to visit the doctor. I would typically go to the doctor if I had any sort of questions, but both of my parents work a lot and I don't want to waste their time with something like this.

Thanks (and I hope you all read my post),
- Jake

Is anyone going to answer me? Please...?

It says 9 people already viewed my thread, but still no responses. I don't want to sound mean, but if you take time to read the thread you can at least help me out and write a short post describing things my symptoms are from.

The itchy eyes and blocked up nose sound like hayfever symptoms. If you have hayfever it could also affect your breathing a bit - my husband always gets asthma when he has hayfever. Try getting some antihistimines from the chemist (make sure you get non-drowsey) and see if they help

So these aren't dangerous? I noticed the lymph node on my armpit hurt for a day or two about two or three weeks ago, does that mean anything? I'm scared that all these are symptoms of something dangerous.

Hi. You said you were sneezing and coughing a lot two or three weeks ago, you probably had a slight cold or flu and your lymph nodes were swollen as you tried to fight it off. If you are really concerned about your symptoms, go to a doctor but you haven't described anything that I would be concerned about myself.
Hope this helps

Hello Jake! Your symptoms may seem like symptoms from someone who suffers from allergies. Although we may develop allergies any time, if they appeared for the first time this spring, your body may be telling you that your immune system’s impaired and burdened with toxins. When our immune system’s not functioning properly, anything could come up as an allergy.

Certain things could impair our immune system. These could be processed foods, sugar, lack of proper nutrients, vitamins deficiency, stress, petrochemicals, pesticides, etc

When our body’s overwhelmed with these toxins it starts reaction and it could be in forms of allergic reactions.

So, maybe if you tried to boost your immune system by eating right and possible exercise, you may get rid of those allergic reactions.

However, you should certainly pay a visit to a doctor in order to determine if you do have an allergy and get advice what you should do about your symptoms.

Thank you all very much! 8)

I couldn't be happier to hear that there isn't anything wrong with me. I learned about a disease called HIV/AIDS a bit earlier and always had those symptoms in my mind.

So a swollen lymph node is nothing to be worried about? Because this morning I woke up and certain areas in my neck are kind soar, so I was getting more and more paranoid.

Ever since I visted my mom's office in the hospital (she's a doctor), I've been getting fears about getting this or that because of the most common symptoms. As people described to me on this forum, it's impossible to have HIV/AIDS if I haven't had sex or done drugs, etc.

For the past year I somewhat cut down on exercise to an extreme, because of laziness (I'm not going to lie). I've been getting much more worthless and exercise is the last thing on my mind. I've also been drinking a lot of Coca-Cola's so that could be another reason for my body being unhealthy.

I promise I'll try my best to be a healthier person and get rid of this laziness that took over.

Thank you once again,
- Jake 8)

I am sure it is nothing to worry about. If you are concerned, ask your mum to feel your neck and see what she says.