Hi, I am 36 old male and one ago I had a flu. I had to stay in bed for 10 days and I feel very week even now. Also I have noticed pain which shows when I take deep breath. It is not strong pain but very annoying. Does someone know what it can be?

Hi, according to all these facts you have mentioned I guess that part of your pleura is attached to your chest wall. It may happen when your lungs were under inflammation. Pleura is the outer layer of the lungs which protect it but may be damaged by inflammation or some other agents.

Hello there ulric,

In my opinion since your condition lasts that long it is time to see your doctor. If you had such a bad flu, and you didn’t check it with your doctor it is possible that you had pneumonia as well. And if left untreated with antibiotics it could spread to the pleura, which is wall of tissue between your chest and your lungs, and it can be inflamed. But this condition is usually caused by some other underlying process such as pneumonia.

Since you have been so weak all this time, you definitely need to finally do something about it. I hope that you will find good solution for your problem. keep us posted and good luck.