after several months of diarrhea i finally got to a Doctor that is getting closer to an exact diagnosis. During a colonoscopy , my Doctor found a few polyps in my colon and removed them. I then went to the post-op office visit a few weeks later to find more bad news. He told me my liver is enlarged,and there is a polyp on my gallbladder. He took a blood test to check my liver. He prescribed Colestid 1gm tab 3 times a day. The Colestid does not appear to help much, still very soft stool or diarrhea.
Here is my question. I have been a junk food junkie for years, and i don't see that changing a whole lot. I was reading that if i have my gallbladder removed, there is a good chance i can't eat fatty foods anymore. Anyone have any suggestions of what to do to help me now until i go back to see blood test results ? Anyone have any advice on saying yes or no to removing my gallbladder if the Doctor suggest it ? I have read that most polyps on gallbladders are not cancerous, and i do not have any gall stones.I'm thinking i would need proof of a polyp big enough to cause problems or be cancerous before i would say yes to gallbladder removal.
He asked about what medicines i was taking and supplements. I told him i take about 12 to 16 ibuprofen's a day and 1 to 2 Celebrex to help with back pain and arthritis in my lower back from 2 back surgeries. He was shocked at the amount of ibuprofen i was taking, and said he had never heard of anyone taking that much. I had mentioned that to my family Doctor before and he said it was fine to take that much. My Gastrointestinal Doctor said to stop taking ibuprofen and Celebrex. He wrote me a prescription for Ultracet,1 every 4 to 6 hours.
He is what i am doing now, until the blood test come back and i have my next office visit next month. I am only taking 1 ultracet a day only when i really have severe back pain, because i read the label on it, and it said too much of it can cause liver problems. I stopped drinking pop for the most part. I drank way to much anyway. I am now drinking only 1 glass per day of something that is not water. I limited myself to only 1 pop or juice a day.
Anyone have any suggestions for me ? I can eat apples and bananas,but that's about all of the fruit i like. As for veggies , i can eat corn, green beans, peas, most kinds of beans. I don't know why but i can't stand the taste of lettuce or cabbage,or most items in a salad. I like most meat, but hate fatty meats, i like more lean meats.

I think that it is very risky to stop taking a medicine on your own, without consulting your doctor. Gallbladder polyps removal sometimes can require you to stay in the bed for very long, going through all of those analyses, but that is all for your good health. I am surprised that your doctor didn't tell you more about healthy diet after this procedure. You should eat a well-balanced diet with fruits, veggies, lean meats, and fiber. That is the best. You can eat avocados, cranberries, berries, grapes, cucumbers, beets. broccoli, bell peppers, and oranges, because a lot of those ingredients are rich in vitamin C and vitamin C is good for your health, vitamin C is amazing. Also, you can eat fruits such as apples, strawberries, and citrus. I think that you should stay away from bananas.