I have a 1 cm polyp in the gall bladder that occasionally aches. the dr gave me the decision to watch it or take it out.... Im afraid of what may be the risks in the future without it... Also a naturalist advised me that menopause is affected ...Is that true? please tell me the risks im a 37 year old female. Is it better to remove it or is there treatment ?

It is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures; more than 700,000 are performed in the United States each year.

The gallbladder is an important organ, but is not essential for life. Therefore, the standard treatment for symptomatic patients who suffer from gallstones has been to surgically remove the gallbladder and gallstones. Removing the gallbladder generally has little or no effect on digestion. Loose stools, gas, and bloating may develop in about half of patients who undergo surgery; in most patients these symptoms are mild and do not require treatment.

The only related factor that I know of to menopause is the suggestion that your risk of gallbladder disease is 2-3x times greater after going through menopause.

I also have this problem. The doctor did the ultrasound and he measured the size of it. It turns that it is near 2 cm. So, he recommended a gallbladder polyps removal. I was shocked because this would be the first time that I need to do some procedure and I don't know what to do with it, how to behave. I don't know am I in danger of this or not. If this surgery goes well, what is next? Some diet program? Do I need to take a rest from everything, including my job? Is this expensive, how long I will have to wait until I am fully recovered?