hi
im a 19 year onld femal have lost alot of weight had a lot of pain, nusea and vomiting after eating and this has been going on for about 3years now, the 1st doctor i went to see advised that it was depression and perscribed me citalopram - an anti depression drug. Whe i asked for a second opinion they found a polyp in my gall bladder, They have not specified size or whats going to happen, i was wondering whether this is treatable with any non-surgical means 1st before im recommended to have my gall bladder out??? Also what are the after effects of the surgery and what are the risks if i choose to just live with it?? please help!!!

Hello! Sometimes, the only way to "treat" it is gallbladder polyps removal. Now, the treatment depends on the size of it. Polyps that are smaller than 1 cm are safe to follow, On the other hand, it is recommended that polyps that are 6 mm in size or larger be considered for cholecystectomy. The worse case is chemotherapy. You know what this is, it is used in the adjuvant and palliative treatment of gallbladder cancer if you are diagnosed with it, but it is very, very rare. Aldo, that doesn't mean that it can't happen. So, because of the rarity of this cancer, the benefit of adjuvant treatment remains unproven. 

I have gall bladder polyps. Burning, bladder spasms, discomfort under right ribs, right eye and right knee pain. Acupuncture helps. Doctors say that gall bladder polyps are "A SYMPOMATIC" that is a joke.