I am a mom of currently 2..HOPEFULLY 3. My doctor has put me on clomid and after my first cycle of 50mg I took a first response digital pregnancy test on Thursday 3-28-13 and had a clear YES+. I went to the doctor on Monday 4-1-13 and took a urine test and blood test...with the most heart wrecking feeling BOTH were NEGATIVE...I received the blood test results today over the phone. Could it be possible that I am pregnant and the test from the doctor were too soon? Has anyone ever experienced the negative after the positive but Actually was pregnant after week went on?

Hi Guest,

There is a chance of pregnancy.  False positives are VERY rare.

Sometimes, the urine tests can detect a pregnancy earlier than the blood test.  Timing is also very important in regards to the urine test.  If you drink a lot of fluids it can give a false negative result as you dilute the hCG in the urine. 

Did you do your first test in the morning, the positive result, then the doctors test later in the day?

Give it another few days and retest, first thing in the morning.

Good luck.

My first test was done in the morning but not the first urine...the doctor test were late afternoon. I have an appointment to go back in 2 weeks. I thought more highly of first response digital..I hoping the results are NOT a false positive.