Hello, folks. I have a friend that has begun acting strangely lately. He speaks about himself all the time, but this isn’t the strangest part of all. He speaks with himself as well. I really don’t know what is wrong with him. Can anyone tell me what that is? I would be very grateful.

Hello to you too. If he spoke only about himself, I would say that he is a narcissistic person. However, talking with himself can be a very serious sign. It can mean that he hears voices. And not that he only hears them, he answers to them. It can mean that he has an imaginary friend. This is something that is called hallucinations. If he only hears voices, those are auditory hallucinations; if he sees images, those are visual hallucinations. It can be a sign of schizophrenia. In any case, try to take your friend with to the psychiatrist. I hope everything will be all right.

It's ok. Everyone talks with themselves. Even u and I. Like to ur conscious . That little voice in ur head. Everyone has it. Now it's a problem if he spends all his time talking to himself and not taking care of himself or being social. Ik this coz I did it. And still have urges but I talk to my voices maybe he does too but doesn't tell anyone like I did . If the voices Are possitve it's ok. If the are negative then he should see someone like I'd the tell him to hurt himself and others. I'm not saying he does. Maybe he's just realy intune with himself. Idk ask him. Maybe he will tell u why. Ok best of luck and let me know if this helped !