I am in a position that I never thought I could be in. My boyfriend left me 10 days ago after 4 years of dating. I was really shocked by it. Now, I am worried that I might be pregnant. My period is late for 7 days and I am so scared to even do a home pregnancy test. I know that I should go to doctor, but I am really afraid. What if I am pregnant? I can't take care of the baby all by myself. I need some advice.

You are in a pretty difficult situation. The first thing you need to do is to visit your doctor. That is the only way you can know if you are pregnant or not. You can also buy a home pregnancy test but sometimes they are not sensitive enough to detect an early pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you need to talk to your boyfriend. See how he feels about it. I don't know what happened between the two of you, but if there is a baby on the way, it changes everything. You need to talk to him and see what you will do. I can not tell you what to do with your pregnancy if you are pregnant. I can not tell you to keep the baby or to abort. It is totally up to you, and the father of the baby. Having a child is a great responsibility and being a single parent is extremely hard. Now, I don't want you to think that I am telling you to choose not having a baby. I just want you to think about everything before you make a decision. But, on the other hand, having a baby is the most beautiful thing in the world. What ever you decide, I am sure it will be the right decision.

Im not an expert in any way...but often a period can be delayed due to stress and other outside factors...Breaking up with your bf would be an obvious cause of stress. while I know the fear of taking an hpt (i couldnt even get the words home pregnancy test out of my mouth :S), you need to do this once the time is correct to get an answer for yourself, if you're still in doubt, then i would suggest seeing your doctor...In any case, try to take care of it sooner rather than later...There's nothing like the relief of knowing the result...Or if the result is not as you had hoped, the earlier you know, the better position you'll be in when it comes time to deciding how you want to proceed, ie carry the baby full term or not

I realize that the original post was like a yr ago, but I think its important to share info as a lot of ppl find themselves in the same situation and do not know what to do!!!

hi honey.. believe me i have been in this position... but dont worry yourself so much.. take it one step at a time. first i recomend to take a test in the privacy of your home... take it while your with a friend or alone.. and then if you are dont forget that he is the father and he has some say in the situation.. and i dont think that after 4 years (no matter how mad he is, or how badly things went) he cant care about you at least as a friend... after all u shared.. u no?.. so talk to him.. if you were with him for so long it really shouldnt be that hard, remember that if you are going to be a parent then you have to start acting like an adult (i dont know how old you are, lol) but maturity is essential to cope with everything comming your way (if you are)... im just saying this because lets say you are and you keep the baby and never tell him.. when he finds out.. and believe me he will.. ull never know if he wanted to be a part of that child's life!.. you could have shared your pregnancy, birth and all the little things that drive up crazy about babies, with him... but u never told him... u see where im going with this?... all this requires alot of thought... but first things first... pregnancy test!.... an just to make you feel better, stress can cause you to skip a period, so maybe u are just stressed about the relationship... so just take it easy and always keep your head up!...DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP