Hey

I had an abortion,i was 6 weeks pregnant,i  took abortion pills on 27th feb & bleeding continued for 5 days.Then i started having  unprotected sex,and i took an i-pill on 11 th march,i again had bleeding,after that i had unprotected sex many times,my bf did not come inside me,still i was scared so i did a pregnancy test it was positive a v.faint line on 20th april,then i went for ultra sonography on 21st april doctor where everything was normal no pregnancy,earlier one also aborted.I am v.scared if i am pregnant again,plz help,what is wrong with my hormones.

If the doctor confirmed that there is no pregnancy and that the medical abortion was successful the only explanation for the positive pregnancy test is that the test detected hormone that your body produces when you are pregnant (HCG). This hormone will stay in your body after the medical abortion, or after any kind of abortion/miscarriage for some time after the pregnancy has ended, depending on how far you were gone before the abortion. The hormone can stay in your body for up to a month after abortion, so pregnancy tests are not reliable, but you have done sonogram and confirmed you are not pregnant.

wow Thanks nikols, that`s releave for me, i did abortion 2 weeks ago, but my blood test came out positive and the home pregnancy test as well is showing positive. That got me so worried and depressed because i thought im still pregnant. i guess i have to wait and do the tests after a month again.