I had a surgical abortion on January 2nd. That same day I began hormonal birth control pills, and also took the antibiotics for one week following the abortion (I am wondering if these made the pills ineffective).

I went in for my two week follow up, and the lady just gave me an internal exam, felt my cervix and sent me on my way. She told me that a pregnancy test can remain positive for a little while.

Anyways, 28 days later as expected on the pill I got my period. It started out normal (i.e. noticeable blood in the toilet after urination etc), however, overall it only lasted about a day and a half and was quite light. The BC pills that they put me on were mircette. I was also on these pills for five years and stopped about 5 months prior to my abortion. When I was on the pills previously, my period was also quite light.

As a result of my short period I took a pregnancy test just to make sure. At that time it came up faint positive. I got worried and called planned parenthood to ask them about this. They told me that after an abortion, you can test positive for up to 8 wks post abortion. So I decided not to worry about it.

This past weekend, I was feeling slightly naseous and decided to take another test (two weeks after the faint positive). Both tests I took today were very very faint positive. Much less positive than the test taken two weeks prior.

However, reading the test kits, it says faint positives are still considered positives. However, wouldn't the line be darker if I were two weeks farther along.

I'm not sure what my next steps should be. I am still taking my BC pill daily and could just wait until my next period- which should be here within two weeks. However, I do not want to wait too long incase I need another abortion because I would prefer to try a medical one this time.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda freaking out about this, because I dont' want to go through it again. I've heard that the hormones are still detected after 3-4 weeks, but it's been almost 6 weeks for me.

I'm not sure if I should wait it out and just assume i'm not pregnant or start to get really worried.

Over time lines on a test would become darker.

You know, you can be asleep for a abortion so it is painless...

Medical abortion takes HOURS, and you bleed in a 'gushy' way for up to 2 weeks.

The easiest way to have an abortion in surgical with asleep sedation.

so you think that i'm not pregant afterall?

I had mine done surgically at planned parenthood. The gave me xanax and advil before the procedure and I was awake the entire time.

Despite the fact that I was only 5 wks along and only suction was used, it was probably the most painful experience of my life thus far. Which is exactly why i'm very scared that i'll have to go through it again.

You probably really are not!

I AM SORRY that it sucked so bad..

PLANNED PARENTHOOD is good for birth control services, BUT NOT so much for ABORTION.

Most other CLINICS will put you to sleep, or give you IV sedation so that it would be painless. It does cost extra though, but worth it!

IF you ever need an abortion again, and of course we hope not..

Here is a website with a list of good clinics, and many offer anesthesia.

gynpages.com

YOU would enter the www. on your COMP... The abortion by pill is really painful too, but it lasts for HOURS, not just like 5 minutes :/

Did you have your follow-up appointment yet??

hi,
i-had-an-abortion-at-the-local-hospital-they-put-me-asleep-and-i-woke-2-hrs-after-and-went-home-that-arvo..
but-the-problem-is-it-was-done-first-week-november-07-and-it-is-now-almost-feb-08-and-i'm-still-bleeding-and-getting-horrible-pains.
i-went-to-the-docs-and-they-say-its-normal-but-it-cant-go-on-this-long-the-hospital-said-i-should-only-get-that-for-3/4weeks-i-dont-know-what-to-do
none-of-the-docs-are-listening-to-me-and-i-know-deep-down-there-is-something-wrong!!

Wtf! I thought this was for medical discussions not your personal opinions on abortion. #1 it was not a baby. #2 how dare you judge somebody on their choice on what to do with their their body #3 have some compassion, having had an abortion myself it was extremely difficult to handle physically and emotionally but you know what? It was the best decision I every made and I feel very lucky I have that right to choose. If you want to bash fellow women go find another board with people who have similarly closed minds instead of giving input here. These women post here to share and grow and learn from their experiences not to be degraded and judged

Were you pregnant again?