Im actually just looking for answers, maybe to make myself feel a little better. I had an abortion on Dec 22. I know they tell you to wait the 2 week time frame but I had sex 6 days after my abortion and again after that quiet a few times. During the time frame that I didnt have sex I was just spotting here and there, wore a pad for maybe a day. After the abortion it immediatly stopped all my symptoms such as my chest itching, tiredness, throwing up, etc. I would say maybe 2 weeks to 2 in a half weeks after the abortion the symptoms came back. My chest started itching again, I was tired, and just felt pregnant all over again. I didnt think anything of it right away but I was questioning it in my head. I was with the father of the child i had the abortion with and the father of the child if I am pregnant again on Jan 5. I was throwing up all day so he told me to take a test. I took a HPT and it came back positive. I went to Planned Parenthood on Jan 7 and they confirmed it. In the back of my head I was thinking what if it is still coming up positive because of i was previously pregnant not too long ago.

On Saturday Jan 12 I went to the hospital thinking they might do a ultra sound which would answer all my questions but they didnt, they did take a urine test which came back positive. Yesterday I called to make an appt for my first visit and the nurse on the phone made it seem like it was impossible for me to be pregnant again and said it just seems kinda funny and that it probably is just showing up positive because I was pregnant before. This just got my hopes down and hurt my feelings in a way. I go today for blood work but I am just really confused because the day i went to the hospital for the urine test it was 22 days later. Is it possible to still show a positive test result 22 days after a procedure. Im just really freaking out and any response would be appreciated. Thank You

Short answer would be yes you can get pregnant again. Conception takes place in the fallopian tube. If the test was a blood test (betaHCG) and it is higher than an early one then yes you are pregnant. The gold standard for determining a viable pregnancy is a pelvic ultrasound. The reason for the ultrasound is to determine if there is fetal demise (the fetus is dead). If this is the case it will mean another procedure.

These were all urine tests.

can i get pregnant 2 weeks after abortion?

So just want to know where u pregnant ?