I had my gallbladder removed roughly a week ago. Ive had no problems until today. I am experiencing sharp pains in my upper abdomen, in the center. I am not sure if this is something others have experienced or if its something i should get checked out

After your gallbladder is removed, the bile gets secreted directly into stomach and this can cause symptoms that are quite similar to acid reflux. Since the bile (especially if it's excess bile) irritates your stomach and esophagus as much as the stomach acid does, the centrally located pain in upper abdomen definitely means something is irritating the tissue. It does happen to a lot people who had their gallbladder removed.

Whether it's the bile or the stomach acid is something that you should bring up on your follow up visit, or even sooner if the pain is too strong and there is nothing you can do to at least somewhat relieve it. I'm sure that you were given dietary advice after the surgery and it will help to eat as small portions as you can more often - but you might also need medications that help control how much bile or stomach acid get secreted, if your symptoms continue. 

Thank you very much. Your response was incredibly helpful.

You're welcome, hope you recover soon!