I'm a 15 year old male. For the past few months I noticed some anal pain but it more came and went so I wasn't concerned. But for the past few weeks, there has been a discharge from something in my anus. It is a mix of blood and a yellowish mucous looking liquid. It has an awful odor and it goes on throughout the day. I did some research on it and there are possibilities of anal fissures, fistulas, or even a leaking hemorrhoid. I discovered a large line that feels like it sicks up. It is located at the top of my anus (near the "buttcrack") and goes down into the anus. This is the area in which the discharge comes from. I don't know what it is but the leakage from it is awful and is really making me very self conscious. Can someone help out with this?

There is also some pain when I sit and it leaks any time.

Sound like to me you do have an anal fissure. You'll need to keep this area very clean (shower after every BM if possible) and get some rectogesic for this it should be available from a chemist/drugstore. you will need to apply after every BM or at least 3 times a day for about a month or two. But in saying this it's much better to go see a doctor and see what he says not just a GP as they know nothing, Make sure you can go see a collorectal surgeon.

Rectogesic Ointment has been tested in clinical trials and is effective in healing chronic anal fissures. Working on the actual cause of the condition, Rectogesic Ointment relaxes the spasm of the anal muscle. This allows blood to flow more
freely to the area and promotes the healing of the fissure.

Rectogesic Ointment

If you suffer pain and bleeding when using the toilet, you probably think you have haemorrhoids. Haemorrhoids are very common so you may be right, but you might actually have an anal fissure. At some point in their lifetime, many Australian
adults will report symptoms of either anal fissure or haemorrhoids. So don't be embarrassed to discuss it. You're not alone.

WHAT IS AN ANAL FISSURE?
An anal fissure, sometimes called an anal ulcer, is a common painful condition in which the lining of the anal canal is torn. It is often confused with haemorrhoids. The anal canal is the cylindrical tube at the end of the rectum, which ends at the anus. The torn skin becomes inflamed and produces pain, especially with bowel movements.

WHAT CAUSES AN ANAL FISSURE?
Most anal fissures arise following trauma (injury) to the anus and are usually related to abnormal bowel movements. A hard, dry bowel movement can cause a tear in the anal lining, resulting in a fissure. Other causes include bouts of diarrhoea and childbirth. Spasm of the anal sphincter muscle prevents the tissue from healing.

WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF AN ANAL FISSURE?
The most common symptoms are pain during and after a bowel movement. The pain is mainly due to intense spasm in the internal anal sphincter muscle. Because bowel movements are painful, many people complain of constipation. Other symptoms include rectal burning, bleeding or itching and a tearing sensation. An anal lump, usually a swollen skin tag associated with the fissure, may also be noted.

HOW IS AN ANAL FISSURE TREATED?
Avoid constipation by eating a diet rich in fibre. A Chronic Anal Fissure is treated by surgery or Rectogesicâ„¢ Ointment. These treatments work by removing the anal muscle spasm.

WHAT DOES SURGICAL TREATMENT INVOLVE?
Surgical treatment involves cutting the lower part of the internal anal muscle (sphincterotomy). This can lead to incontinence (loss of control of bowel motions) in up to 20% of cases.

RELAX, NOW THERES RECTOGESIC
Rectogesic works by acting on the actual cause of the condition, providing more than just temporary relief of the pain and discomfort caused by the anal fissure.

Rectogesic relaxes the spasm of the anal muscle increasing blood flow to the area, promoting healing of the fissure. It effectively relieves the pain and promotes healing of fissures.

RECTOGESIC IS SIMPLE TO USE
Rectogesic is an ointment that should be applied two to three times daily for a period of a few weeks, with chronic cases requiring treatment for up to 4-8 weeks. Always read the label and use only as directed. Please see your doctor if pain or discomfort persists.