my name is nikki.  and i already have one child so i know i can get pregnant. but after i had him i got the IUD (merina) and had it for 7 months and ever since then me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant. i have taken plenty of home tests and its been over 3 weeks and they all come back negative...is this normal after haveing the IUD or could i be pregnant? my gyno told me that after getting the IUD taken out you can get pregnant instatly! and im starting to get real down about it bc we are trying so hard and getting nothing! please give me any adivice you can. thank you!

hi! i know what you are going through. i have one child as well. i had my mirena taken out 15 months ago and was hoping to become pregnant right away.i have had absolutely no luck. try not to get down about it. i know it is hard, believe me but stay possitive! :) good luck

I know that they say that, but in reality, they know very well that hormones from Mirena have been stopping your ovulation for the whole time you have been on it and even though the official Mirena site says that one of it's main side-effects is dleyed return of fertility - doctors still continue to tell women this and make them desperate over something you can't influence. It takes some time for your body to get clear of all the extra hormones from Mirena - you can speed up process by some basic detox with drinking plenty of water, being active, eating healthy. Did your periods return to normal?