Hi all! I recently had the mirena removed after 9 months, my husband and I are now ttc. Since removal, beyond the light spotting, I haven't had aunt flow! Should we wait to ttc until after my cycle or is it possible to ovulate before my period and get pregnant before having af. I would appreciate any help from anyone who experienced this too!
good luck and happy babies to all!

I'm in my late 30s and have two teenage children from my marriage, but my partner and I wanted a child. I had my Mirena for 3 years, but had it removed in August, had lots of bleeding for two weeks afterwards, but then a proper period in September and conceived and I discovered yesterday that I am pregnant. We are so happy, but haven't told anyone yet because it's still very early days. So, if we can do it (with age against us, as it were) then maybe this will give hope to everyone else.

I had my Mirena IUD for 5 years. Never had a period or any spotting while it was in. Had it removed on 8/25/10. Got my 1st period about 6 weeks later on 10/3/10 and had a possitive pregnancy test on 10/28/10. So basicaly I got pregnant right away. I am now about 7 weeks and feeling great. Good luck to all!!!!