I went to hospital on Monday after experiencing some slight bleeding. The Midwife examined me & said there was some old blood outside my womb & that my Cervix was fully close. They then sent me for a scan & Said they couldnt find they baby, after that they done numerous tests to check my HCG levels all saying that i was still pregnant. Im concerned as im positive I havent passed anything & they cant find the baby. Has anyone had experience with this in the past??? I have to go back to hospital tomorrow more bloods to check up on my HCG levels.

Hi CarPhi,

How far along are you?  

suspected 12 weeks. My HCG levels are still saying im pregnant but they couldnt see the baby could there be any other reason for this?

The hCG levels don't drop immediately if you've miscarried. They will drop however but it can take time.

They likely want to do what is known as a "Quantitative" hcg test. It shows the actual levels of hCG in the blood. The more common test is the "Qualitative" which is basically are you/aren't you pregnant.

If the test shows the levels dropping, you aren't pregnant.

I wish I didn't have to add this but by 12 weeks they should be able to find the fetus.

Thank you so much for your help. Would there be any reason why I havent passed the feutus yet or been bleeding enough will it be still to come.

In the instance tomorrow that my Hcg levels havent dropped what does that mean?

It takes more than one test to determine if they are dropping. They may have done the first on Monday at the hospital.

It shouldn't drop. If it is, it is extremely unlikely you are pregnant.

I would expect you to pass it. That's the odd part of your post. By 12 weeks the fetus is about 2" in size.

Hang in there. With luck there was a problem with the ultrasound or the position of the fetus. It is possible.

Good luck.

Thanks can only hope for the best. Im having my second set of hCG bloods tomorrow

I'm having the same it's so frustrating no exactlyhexactly u feel I've bn trying for 5 yrs