My husband and I split up.. for 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks I had a one night stand on 6-26-14 using only the pull out birth control. (Or whatever it's called) I than got back together with my husband on 6-30-14 and unprotected sex using the pull out method. . Till I had my period on 7-3-14 that lasted 3 days and stopped a day than started again 2 more days. After that I continued to have unprotected sex with my husband. . He even came inside me 2 twice one night. But I took plan b 2 days after.. my question is can the one night stand be the father? I did not know him well and thinking he might of played it off and actually came in me.. I also read that s perm can live inside you 5days. And my boobs were already sore by the end of july. I tested positive July 30 2014. From my last period my due date is April 9, 2015 and by the sanogram is April 3, 2015.. I'm so confused I don't know what to do.

Health Guru
Hi, by working back from your period on 7-3-14 I would say it is more likely that it is the one night stand you became pregnant by going on the basis that you have a normal 28 day cycle, I may be wrong though so don't take it a 100% even if he did with draw before if cum there could of been some odd sperm mixed in with his precum what can happen. What you heard about sperm being able to survive for upto 5 days in the vagina is right if the surrounding are right. The only real way you can be 100% sure is with a DNA test after the birth.

The sonogram date is the earlier and most reliable. 38 weeks back takes you to 11th July as the date of ovulation/fertilisation (40weeks is usually taken from the last period). Even allowing for 5/6 day sperm life, I don't think you would have got pregnant from sex in June.