Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me because I'm freaking out.... I've been on Yasmin for about... ooh... 4 years now. I've had quite a lot of unprotected sex in the last few months (yes i know. use a condom. i was drunk every time...) and since the last time I did (about 4 weeks ago) I've been having quite a few pregnancy symptoms. I'm just about to finish a strip of yasmin so I'm gonna stop taking it but is it likely that I would get symptoms already? I've been getting stomach cramps (not when I'm due - very unusual for me), nausea, diahorrea, i've totally gone off smoking and alcohol and I've been having brown-y coloured discharge... 

I'm gonna take a test after I've been off yasmin for a few days but I'm getting frustrated that I don't know.....anyone help me work out how likely it is I'm pregnant??? Thanks/  

Well, the first thing is - if it's been four weeks since you last had unprotected sex, than it possible for you to take the pregnancy test now and get an accurate result. That's because you needed to be ovulating at that point because you can't get pregnant otherwise (Yasmin should have stopped your ovulation in these for years). So, you can do the test now. As far as the symptoms you are experiencing are concerned, yes, it would be somewhat early for them to appear, even though some women do have them so soon after getting pregnant. But any hormonal imbalance might have caused the similar symptoms, so you should count that in, too.