hi,
i have two beautiful daughters and they are 3 and 1 my husband and i are pregnant with our third but this time is a little weird. i had a normal pregnancy in march 14 (im always on time) and then i was like 3 days late in April and my period is normally brown and then red and then brown again, this time in april it was red (after having sex that kinda hurt) and then stopped and then was brown for two days. so according to my lms i am 13 weeks pregnant, i havent been to an OB yet because they are booked until july. anyway i am having this snot like brownish-red discharge, it's by not means bloody, but it's a little weird. can you help me figure this out?

I experienced some brown discharge as well. It started off red then went brown. Mine was like the first 8 weeks off and on. It happened after intercourse so I went in to the doctor and he said that brown is good because it means that it is dry blood and that the bleeding had stopped. This will sound gross but if it is kind of mucus like that is just because of the semen from intercourse. I was totally freaked out when it happened so we stopped having intercourse for like 3 weeks. everything is fine now and I am 13 weeks along. I say if you are so worried and stressed about it just call your doctor and they will usually fit you in. It is better to be safe and feel ok about it than worry about it until July. I know I would have drove myself crazy if I hadn't just gone in to the doctor to have it checked out.

I have had the same symptoms in two pregnancies (small amounts of old blood). In my prior pregnancy, it was a sign of miscarriage, in this one, nothing remarkable. Many women bleed during pregnancy, but it is important to have it checked out. You should call your doctor.