Smoking is one of the leading causes of preventable deaths. It has been linked to cancer, heart attacks and emphysema. However, neither these facts nor high cigarette price or ban on smoking seemed to make smokers quit smoking.

New study shows what negative effects parental smoking has on their children and if this finding doesn’t make parents quit or decrease nicotine intake, nothing definitely will. It has been found that the children of smoking parents carry more harmful bacteria in their noses and throats than the children of non-smoking parents.
The bacteria found were Streptococcus pneumonia, which are known to cause pneumonia, sinusitis and meningitis.

Over two hundred children has been analyzed regarding the amount of bacteria they contained in their noses and throats. The results were alarming as they showed that 76% of the children who were exposed to smoke carried the bacteria comparing to the 60% of children whose parents did not smoke.
The children who had large amounts of bacteria present in their throats were more likely to suffer from infections.

Researchers are reporting again that second hand smoking is as dangerous and that it could also lead to respiratory diseases. Researches are applying to the parents to refrain from smoking at least when the children are around.

It is a curious thing to me that I raised three children in a smoking household and they were all healthier than their peers that were raised in non smoking homes. Smoking women I worked with and their children were always healthy. This is also true of myself and my five siblings. . We were the healthiest kids in school. Maybe second hand smoke is not as dangerous as folks would have us believe. Bacteria in ones nose and throat does not a sick kid make. Maybe the kid's immune system has been boosted by exposure to the smoke. I do not encourage people to smoke, it is not the brightest thing to do. I just think a little common sense is in order.

Any reasoning will do if you want to smoke