Hi there,

I'm 17. I've been on the pill for about a week now and it does say that the side affects can be sensitive nipples or nipple discharge but my left nipple has been really sore that passed few days. It looks slightly cracked and when it rubs on my clothes it hurts. I might ask my doctor about it when I go back to have my pill check up but I was wondering if anyone knows if its anything to worry about or just normal or a side affect of the pill? Help greatly appreciated!

It sounds like a BCP side effect, however discussing it with your doctor is a must.

i have the same problem my left nipple is extremely sensitive, and it gets cracked and peels, however im not on any medication and im not on the pill, what could be the cause of this discomfort?

Both of my nipples have been very very hard and sore for a few days now, I'm pretty positive it isnt pregnancy so it must be a birth control side effect

These little cracks might be due to a kind of eczema, or a fungal infection (the same kind of thing which causes athlete's foot).

Both problems are easily treated with the right creams, but if left can really hang about for a long time.

I don't think it will cause any serious problems for you in the future.

However, you might want to buy an emollient cream from the chemist and see if you can clear it up with that over the next four weeks.

If not, then do ask your GP.

Yours sincerely

Caitlin(:

I have sore nipple but not on any birth control what could it be