The skin on my left nipple is cracked, there is a small bit off skin that has cracked almost like its come away from the rest of the skin, its brown-ish yellow-ish and when my nipples are hard it sort of sticks up a tiny bit more than the rest of my nipple. The rest of the skin on the nipple is very dry and there are a couple little patches of dry skin (it kind of looks like eczema) around the brown bit of skin. The little bumps around the nipple (areola I think they're called) seem to be clogged on both nipples. On the right nipple the skin is just as dry but not cracked, at the tip of the nipple it seems so be a little bit white which I think might just be because of the dry skin. Both nipples can have some discomfort sometimes, not necessarily pain but just a bit of an awkward feeling almost like a harsh fabric rubbing on them, and both do itch. By the way I am a 16 yr old female and have had this for a couple of years without it getting any worse or better. A couple times the brown skin has come off my left nipple but just comes back. again. I'm pretty worried about it and have extreme anxiety especially when it comes to doctors which is why I've ignored it for so long. Is this something I can treat myself or should I get it checked out.

Go without wearing a bra for awhile and get some baby oil and massage the oil into your nipples and breasts at least a couple times a day.