Hi, I would like to learn more about Sparc Sling procedure. My grandmother , 72 years old, sufers from urinary incontinence, and lately she was proposed to do Sparc Sling procedure. How effective is it?

Sparc Sling Procedure is a minimally invasive procedure, providing more effective surgical approach. It is even better than TVT procedure in treatment urinary incontinece and pelvic organ prolapse. It is very safe and specially if doctors are skilled and experienced there is no need to worry about this procedure. After thorough examination doctor are able to suggest a treatment option most appropriate for patient’s case. So, I believe you should support you grand mothe rin reaching decision and solving her problem. Urinary incontinence is not a disease, it is rather very unpleasant hygiene and social problem.

Since quaglia has explained the main point of this procedure I believe that you have all the information you need. Unfortunately as we are getting older our urinary tract issues become more and more complicated and more frequent as well. And urinary incontinence isn’t disease but just a condition which can be very embarrassing.  

One of my friend’s grandmothers as well had similar problem and she has undergo sparc sling procedure. First of all, I remember that she said that her recovery period was very short and she didn’t have to wait long before getting back to her daily routine. Also she said that she regained her freedom again and if she knew it was so easy that she would have done it before.