I had my gailbladder out in january 2012. I am unable to leave my house for anything. The drhas put me on a powder to help bind me up, but it is not helping. It was working for a while and since has stopped working. I had to have my gailbladder out because I was having runs all the time before and the dr said that it was only working at 17%. I had it out on january 26, 2011. I wastold that I could go right back to eating the way I had before the surgary, but I can't. I can't eat anything. Even water gives me the runs. I am having a hard time taking care of my two kids who are 4 and 1 because I am always running to the bathroom. I have a hard time even leaving the house because of this problem. I know that I am unable to travel very far from my house because I know that I will have to use the bathroom soon. I have learned that if I don't eat anything, then I won't have a problem. I ahve lost weight because Iamso scared to eat because I fear having the runs again and not making it to he bathroom. I am unable to enjoy life anymore. I feel that I ammissingout a lot on life. If I doleave the house, then I have to take baby wipes and at least 2 or more changes of clothing. Help.

Have you seen the doctor again?  If not, do.  Your situation has changed, weightloss is serious.

I have seen the dr and all she did was give me the power stuff to take, She says that a little weight lose is normal because I am not eating as much as I use to.She says that i need to eat more.

And you're taking the powder? What is it? Have you been eating more since your doctor told you to? Have you discussed your diet with the doctor?

My son (13 at the time) had his gb taken out 2 yrs ago with only 15% function. He was so sick before and it being taken out didn't help that issue...he is always complaining of being sick and his back hurting still. He, like you, had the runs before and still does...he won't even eat at school because every time he eats, within usually 10 mns, he's headed to the bathroom! His liver enzymes are also 3 times higher than a normal adult they said so they did mri and says it's a fatty liver. Every time dr presses on that area, it raises him up off the table. They've even done scans on abdominal twice to check for leaks possible from the gallbladder surgery...and it came back normal. Would love to hear of anything that would help my son, he's missed so much school over this.

It s cholestyramine.I hve t mix one scoop of powder in a 4 ounce glassof water. It helps sometimes. I have talked tothe dr an she seems tothink tht if i take this powder everyday, that i should beable to eat normal agian She did say to watch how much fat I was eating.