Please, I need some information about hip fracture. My mother needs to have a surgery very soon. She is afraid a lot because she thinks that she would not walk again. I know that everything will be ok because he doctor said that. Tell me, please, something about healing time after hip fracture. Thank you!

The time of recovery depends of many things, like age of patient, his general condition, type of hip fracture. But I can tell that usually the full recovery may expect after 2-3 months. If your mother wants to help speed the healing process, she should follow her therapist's instructions during the period of rehabilitation.

Hallo,
I think that she doesn’t have to be afraid that she won’t be able to walk again, because surgery will make sure that she is able. I think that she needs to talk to her doctor about the recovery process. You have to understand that she will need to go to physical therapy after the surgery and the recovery process. How old is your mother? How did she get her hip fracture? Recovery will last long, at least one month, so as you can see you have to prepare her for this process on time. I hope this helped you and your mother in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

I'm 44year old women and I just fell roller blading and broke mg hip I could not wait to go to surgery. 8 hours after surgery I started physical therapy for its been 10a days out and I feel better now then she I broke it every day just gets better. However you need someone to take care of you afterwards because there is alot you can't so for yourself.my surgeon says it will be 6April weeksbefore I can put any weight on my rt leg. Hope this helps

Madam/Sir,                                                                                     09.10.2014

I have undergone the Hip replacement surgeory about 7 years back.  I am now around 58 years of age.  Now, a days the joint pain started.  If I walk for few minutes pain starts.  I have consulted the Dr with whom I underwent the suregeory.  He has informed me that I need to undergo once against for surgeory and entire set of insrument to be replaced.  I then enquired is it necessary for a surgeon and how much expenditure I have to shell down.  The Dr. has informed me that about 3.50 to 4.00 lacs required.  Now, I am unable to spend that much amount.   Subsequently, I have consulted one more Ortho surgeon he has sugessted that at present there is no need for any operation and replacement done in the previously is in order.

Please advise me in the matter.

regards,

dixit.

I've been recovering from a fractured hip for four months, and my doctor says my progress is fantastic. I can walk carefully around the house without a cane, but use a cane when in public or when walking is challenging. Within three months I hope to have a complete recovery. I'm 73. Expecting full recovery a month or so after a hip fracture is presumptuous at best. This is a dangerous and difficult injury.