Hello. Have anyone here heard of wii fit? It is a video game designed by Nintendo. There is a balance board that helps you do all the exercises. The company says that this game combines fitness and fun into one product. It sounds really good. I’ve never tried it, but maybe that wouldn’t be bad. I am to lazy to go to the gym so this would be pretty convenient for me.

Does anyone here have experience with wii fit? Can you really lose weight with it? And if you can, do you know how many calories can you burn with it daily?

Hello there

Of course I’ve heard of it. These games for Nintendo and PS are the only acceptable way for me to exercise.  They are very practical, you can practice with them at home. You practically don’t even have the feeling that you are working out.  The game makes you focus on the interesting stuff. And the time runs fast.  You are done before you know it.

As for the calories, since wii fit is pretty much like an average fitness workout, you will be able to lose as much calories as with fitness workout. Of course it all depends on how hard you try.

Hello both.

TinkerBell23 I am not sure about that. I doubt that wii fit is burning as many calories as one average fitness workout.  

As a matter of fact, there was this research that showed that wii fit is not as useful as you may think. They asked one group of volunteers to practice 10 minutes with wii fit, and the other to do some usual house choirs for 10 minutes.  It turns out, vacuuming  and cleaning the bathroom burn more calories that wii fit workout. Wii fit burned only 25 calories, while cleaning the bathroom burned 34. Vacuuming burned 42.