I am 44yr old, man, 134Lbs. I started working out 3 months ago. I feel great. In fact, I have never felt better than now, except that I keep losing weight. I eat lots of vegetables, whole grains, fish, chicken, natural peanut butter, Greek yogurt, all the good stuff. I would say I am eating between 1500 to 2000 cal per day.  Back in December I was 145Lbs. Now I can see my abs, but I can also see my ribs!! damn!

Apparently, I have a fast metabolism. My heart runs at 45BPM at rest. Perhaps, cardio 6x week is too much?

Lately, I've been eating without caring about calories to try to stop the weight loss. However, one can only eat so much during the day.  Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention I am 5'8".

I'm also in the same position as you, wanting to gain weight.

From everything I have been reading, the best way to gain weight would eat smaller meals and more frequently through out the day (5-6 meals a day). Drinking more water as well. 

Usually in these meals you can fit in all the food categories you need to maintain your health, and hopefully gain some more weight. 

Hi Box5, the other poster had great ideas as well. The other things you could try would be a whey powder shake or boost or ensure. These are good for people who work out and help with gaining weight as well.

Good luck!

Thx. I drink about a gallon of water a day. I think you are right about eating 5 or six meals a day. I will try this. I would have to cook in advance in order to avoid skipping meals, but it should be fine after getting a routine in place.

I heard protein powders are tough on the kidneys, what do you think? Maybe with enough water as I drink it should not be problem. Well, actually my lower body looks good(says me... haha)) but what bothers me is my ribs showing.

Never heard of those problems before as Dr.Mercola recommends it on his website along with whey powder as well. The ingredient you have to stay away from is SOY, it is really bad for you and your body has a hard time digesting it. Not a lot of people know this, so just be picky with your ingredients on any of these products.

I would like tell you my diet, i don't know if you like it or not. eh

But i eat 2 eggs in the morning and glass of milk, in the lunch veggies and sometimes chicken and rise, at evening 4 bananas and glass of milk. at night i prefer light dinner...