When a bone spur is removed from a little toe, what is the procedure?
I feel like they took out all the bone, the toe is flaccid now. Did they remove all the bone???????

I was suppose to have a simple removal of spurs from the top of my great toe ,how ever the surgion said because of arthritis in the joint I should let him put a little disc to replace the worn one.That is all he said after the operation he took an xray in his office and I saw what looked like a screw in my toe I asked what the heck that was and he said it was pretty much what it looked like,that it was needed to hold the disc in .The toe that had been just a real nusence now was so painful I can hardly walk some times .I went into Boston to a special foot hospital to see what was wrong and was informed by that Dr. (not mine) that he had actually removed CUT OUT a piece of bone the whole toe bone that connects to your foot.The reason for all the pain is because of my age and the nerves and tendents and all are not grabbing hold of the METAL piece he put in That Dr.never asked me about having my bone cut off or anything never gave me pros and cons nothing.Now the only way I can get a little pain releaf is to have another operation that would take the metal out and get a graft from my hip to replace it with That will take more than a month recovery.Before this happened I was able to walk long distance with only moderate pain from my shoe rubbing on the spurs.But I could walk a longway in open shoes.Now I can hardly make it through a shopping day.I had spurs removed from my shoulder and a fair amount of my shouldr bone carved down (all of which I agreed to and understood why) and I haven't had any trouble or pain from that at all. :'(