I have a friend that suffers from albinism and I guess I want to learn something more about that condition. Is it dangerous, I mean for him, I know that it cannot be transferred to anyone else around him? Is there any other symptom, except for the obvious lack of pigment? What causes albinism?

Albinism is actually hypopigmentary congenital disorder, and the decreased level off melanin might be total and partial, which gives us two types of this condition, hypomelanosis and amelanosis. This condition is a result of inheriting certain recessive genes from the parents. And it does not affect only humans, but all mammals, birds, amphibians, even reptiles. And the only real other problem besides the lack of melanin is eye problem; they have to protect their eyes all the time from the Sun or strong light.