I’ve just found out I am pregnant 1month. I feel perfectly fine, no nausea, no dizziness, from time to time I feel mild cramping in my right ovary, but it is not painful and is not preventing me from doing anything. I am an active athlete – no a professional – but I do workout 5 days a week (weekends are for resting, or alternatively for a walk or sth similar – I don’t consider a walk to be an active physical activity – perhaps I will think so when I am 70 years old). So before I knew I was pregnant, my trainings were normal – I did everything as everyone else. But now I am a bit worried about that – should I take it easy? Should I accommodate my trainings? Should I stop working out? (I would hate, hate to do that!). I would really like to continue my working out routine!

Hey hon! I am glad you have an active pregnancy – it is better for mom and for her child, and childbirth will probably be easier. I have two beautiful daughters and I was active during both pregnancies – till my 4th month I was continuing with my aerobic trainings (with some modifications – no heavy weights, no lying on the stomach while exercising, and adjusting tempo of exercise, and drinking enough water during exercise - never feeling thirsty or dehydrated – and I was perfectly fine). From my 5th – 8th month I only combined fast uphill walking and some slow jogging. In my 8th and 9th month only (slow) walking and labor exercises. Since you are feeling good and since you are an active sportiest, if I were on your place, I would continue with your daily routine. If there is (heavy) lifting – avoid that! Replace heavy dumbbells with max 4 lbs dumbbells. Abdominals in first trimester are okay, but later they have to be adjusted. I avoid exercising on my stomach, for example some types of low back exercises are like that (superman exercise etc.). You will see what your pregnancy brings – some women are active till the last day, some aren’t active and think they should rest in their first trimester, which is absurd! I am talking about a healthy pregnancy here! If you’ll have a high risk pregnancy, you must take it easy! No working out! Listen your obgyn and most of all your body, and everything will be fine.