Can somebody tell me whether it is common to develop certain rheumatoid arthritis effects on skin? I am now 42 and am already diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and it is been for years now I am somehow managing joints pain flares by taking prescribed prednisone and naproxen but lately I have also developed dry skin problems and am curious to hear actually what are rheumatoid arthritis effects on skin. And it is not just about dry skin that itches me persistently for I also have dry eyes and mouth problem accompanied with persistent dry cough but also increased sweating and sleeping problems and vaginal dryness so maybe those symptoms could also be premature menopause related but I somehow feel they have got something to do with my rheumatoid arthritis especially regarding my current skin condition –it has become so dry and itchy that I am so desperate for this so please someone help me with a good advice!

If it is not about premature menopause than it sure is about Sjorgen's syndrome that is actually an autoimmune disease but that is so common in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and it mostly affects eyes and skin making them dry due to the lack of tear production and saliva and that is why you have this persistent problem regarding your dry eyes and persistent dry cough problem and basically described situation may result in more serious complications that are not affecting the skin that much in patients with rheumatoid arthritis but are most likely to develop vision problems or even lung problems causing for example fluid accumulation and also it may cause swallowing trouble and dental cavity and as for the rheumatoid arthritis effects on the skin I think there are not that much severe compared to ones I have mentioned regarding your eyes and lung since the skin problems are somehow easiest to manage just by taking proper creams or something like that.