I am 40 years old and has been bleeding heavily for 16 days straight. I am a regular normal bleeder that last for 5 days and I had a medical abortion last January 10, 2011 and bleed for 10 days and for the last two months i bleed normally lasting for 7 days. Last April 14 i have my period and i am bleeding heavily, whenever I changed pads every 4 hours it was heavily soaked and i could feel the passing of blood but no clotting. When I urinate, blood would drop into the bowl. I feel a little cramp on my lower back and abdomen for the 3 days now and I am taking ibufropen to ease the pain and 3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times a days and somehow slowed down the flow of blood. what could be the cause of these heavy bleeding? Please help me.

hi,rosel,was this pregnancy unplanned,so you went for abortion or did for a medical reason?bleeding after abortion is very common,if its really heavy and continous please consult ur doctor,usually what we do in abortion is we try to suck out all products of conception,due to this procedure where different doctors practice diffferent ways,so bleeding duration may vary,but please you be advised to take a complete blood count and check your hemoglobin levels,since your very much proned to be anemic if you keep bleeding,those areas in ur womb should heal and this will take some time,if this bleeding nature changes,like foul smelly,etc says infected, so maintain good personal hygiene,good luck

yes, the pregnancy was unplanned and could not go to doctor for i don't have an insurance. There were no changes in my bleeding (deep red), and it stopped on 20th day after posting. Now i am in a new dilemma, my period is 6 days late now. I didn't have sex for 2 mos. so i know i am not pregnant.