Hello, im 20 yrs old and for the last 4 moths i have been on my period for almost 5 months with only a few days inbetween. it is not really heavy but too much to be able to not wear a towel or to be able to have intercourse.
me and my partner are trying for a baby so it is making this impossible.
i tend to have a period which starts quite heavy then gradually goes lighter till its just a bit a day then i stop for one to 2 days then start again. this has been happening for thelast 5 moths and im gettin quite worried.
i am not pregnant and have never been pregnant.
and i have recently had swab tests which came back negative.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation--I've experienced something similar. I once bled for 5 months straight--exactly how you're describing, with no clear reason why from the doctor. At the time, I was overweight. I lost 30 pounds on the South Beach Diet and w/ exercise, I also started taking a supplement to help balance my hormone levels--not a prescription. My cycle has been normal ever since. As far as getting pregnant, you would probably do well to wait until your body returns to it's normal cycle.

I have the exact same problem but I am only 14, and I'm really worried about it. I think once I read something about this type of thing, and it has something to do with your hormone levels being really high.

I see that this post is a couple of months old, and I hope that you've found some answers, though from what I've seen, none from this site. If you have figured out what's wrong, please let me know. I've had my period for seven months. It's a light flow, with sometimes brown blood, and it only stops for a couple of days at a time. I haven't been on any medications, no birth control, and there have been absolutely no changes in my lifestyle as far as diet, stress, exercise, relationships (or lack of) are concerned. I experience no pain - never even a cramp. Everything with me seems totally normal except this, so if you know anything, please post back! Thanks!