Hi, Im 15 and I had protected sex with my girlfriend on the 27th Sep and know its the 6th Oct so its 10 days late.... I stressing out so much and im not really sure what factors could be causing her period to be late... Shes not on the pill and is waiting until the 2 week mark until she does a test. The condom definitely didnt tear so i dont know what could cause it, maybe stress. Any way I just want to know what to do and i live in the UK so certain laws are different here.... THANKS!!!!!!

P.S I just really want some advice and what the likely hood is that she is pregnant, it could just be a horrible coincidence but be really honest with me please.....

Hi Be,

When did she expect her period?  It's not clear if she's 10 days late from having her period or not.  If so, it's unlikely that she's pregnant.

What form of protection did you use?  So we can know the effectiveness of the protection.

Often, women are late after having sex the first time.  Stress can also make her late.

We used a condom if that whats your asking and it didnt break or tear. She told me that she got her period on the 3rd of last month and ended on the 10th. She was expecting it on the 30th or so because she has a 20 day cycle on average. Its now the 8th and i suppose it could just be late but im really stressing about this and so is she. Thanks for getting back to me....
Billy.

Yes, a condom answered the "protection" question. Condoms used properly are very reliable.

If her period started on the 3rd and ends on the 30th she has a 27 day cycle, just about average for a woman (28 days). You start counting from when it starts it doesn't matter when it ends. You had sex on day 24, it started on the 3rd and you had sex on the 27th. A woman will typically ovulate between days 11 and 16 of her cycle. The egg is only viable for about 48 hours. Sperm can remain viable for up to about 5 days.

Timing wise it is VERY unlikely that she'd get pregnant - even without any protection. It was too late, the egg was not viable. The closer she is to her next period the less fertile she is.

Again, she can just be late. I doubt she is pregnant from your response.

Hope it helps.

I know but its now getting on around 10 to 12 days. Is it possible that the sperm has fertilised the new egg or not??? Thanks

There's always a chance but it is unlikely.

You'll just have to wait until she tests.