My father went to the hospital because of a swelling of his feet and they started checking everything. They are focusing on the kidney right now. They found protein, and creatine in his urine. Now they want to do a biopsy because of that. Since 5 days ago
his right foot has swollen more. They say that the kidneys are not functioning well. My father is 75, he takes medicine for high blood pressure. What are the consequences of protein and creatine in his kidneys? How can it be cured or at least taken care to a normal level?

Though this may not be what is wrong with your father....PLEASE make sure you ask the doctors about the arteries to your father's kidneys being blocked.

I had never heard of this until it happened with my father several years back. Thank God he had great doctors that found it during a heart cath. He was ready to lose both of his kidneys! A simple stent procedure in both kidneys solved his problem, at least for now. He has coronary artery disease and there is a possibility of the arteries blocking again.

Like I stated above it may not be the issue with your father but if the doctors haven't checked, especially since he has high blood pressure, it would sure be worth mentioning.

I forgot to mention one more thing. My father's blood pressure went off the charts as his kidneys were shutting dow.