I cant seem to find an answer to my question. About 4 days ago I noticed a bulge about the size of half a golf ball protruding from my upper abs, its off set a little bit on the left side right where my rib cage splits and ends. I went to a doctor today and he told me it was diastosis recti. But why would diastosis recti split so high up by my rib cage? Im 21 and do some weight lifting, never had a child and weight a healthy 138 pounds and am 5 foot 7. but the day I noticed it i did not do anything strenuous, I was just doing a rope ab crunch. It doesnt hurt and is mushy. It protrudes out more when I tense my abs and slightly bed over. Ive never had it before. Does anyone have any ideas?

The fact that it protrudes when you tense, or bend over makes me wonder if it's not a hernia. I'd be getting a second opinion.

Did u find a answer? I've had the same thing for 2 years now. Thought mayb I tore a muscle....but it doent hurt.....? Weirddreambig wrote:

Dream big, I would like to know what you found out about that bulge. I noticed one on me the other day as I was working out?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use