Hallo Everyone!

Are any of the people experiencing this sensation Anaemic? 

This could be the cause. I am Anaemic, and have been since birth. The type of Anaemia I have is due to Iron deficiency. My Mom was Anaemic when she was pregnant with me and that translated to me being Anaemic since birth. It's something that I grew up with and was officially diagnosed with around 16-18 years of age as I started to experience more weakness/dizziness/shortness of breath.

Iron is contained in Haemoglobin which is found in red blood cells and is part of what makes your blood deep dark red. One sign of Anaemia is if your blood is not that deep dark red colour. Now, the Oxygen we breathe is absorbed into the Haemoglobin in the blood and is circulated throughout the body. So when you are Anaemic, you do not have enough Iron in the blood to absorb sufficient Oxygen for all of your body. Hence the dizziness/shortness of breath, etc.

To get to the point...Since your heart is responsible for circulating all this blood (and Oxygen) through your body, it compensates the low Oxygen content in the blood by beating faster to send more blood more frequently through the body. After a while, your heart is forced to beat faster and harder to supply larger quantities of blood and Oxygen more frequently. And that results in the unusually super fast and louder heart beats which are more visible.

How do I know this? I take Iron supplements to make up for the Iron deficiency. And every time I miss taking the supplements for a while I notice my heart "beats out of my chest". I can hear it louder/clearer and can visibiy see my top "vibrating" to the heartbeat. I am a female so it is a lot more visible because my boobs somewhat accentuate the motion.

As I am writing this I am actually going through one of these sensations. I have not taken my Iron supplements for 2 weeks as I was away on a business trip and forgot them at home. The trip was in a different country so due to work schedule and language barriers it was difficult to buy supplements abroad.

I would suggest to get to a Doctor and find out if you could be Anaemic and if so get a prescription for some great Iron supplements. The sensation becomes lighter that sometimes you can completely forget about it. But I don't think it completely goes away, unfortunately.

I hope this was clear. I kinda rambled a little bit. :-) :-)

Omg this sounds just like mine. Even the bulging head veins. Have you found anything out?

An ECG is not an echocardiogram.

get it checked out people it sounds like an aneurysm - weak walls in ur arterys leading to/from ur heart, if these burst inside you you have a 90% chance of dying. even a pulsating in your abdomen could be this as you have a very large artery ther. this has also been attributed to back pain. so if you feel a pulsating sensation from your heart and/or can see your pulse from you aortic artery any place from your heart to just below your belly button- go see a doctor asap. you may live with this for years withought it bursting but the day it does and u dont know about it u would deffenatly die.

Scally841, I know you mean well, but please don't try to diagnose others (especially with anxiety) when you don't know them. I've had a lot of health issues, but since doctors could never find anything wrong, they always said I was either faking it, it was anxiety/stress, or it was all in my head. Five years later a cardiologist finally figured out I had a nervous system disorder. So for five years I had the worst time thinking I was nuts or wasn't in control of my mind. Like I said, I know you mean well, but when someone has symptoms, please don't go straight to mental disorder or stress, it only causes more problems for those of us who have physical issues when everyone around keeps telling us to "calm down and it will go away."

Think of it as your heart chakra expanding. A gift to share, don't think about it be about son!

Hi, I understand what you are talking about the "heartbeat" right by the rib cage. I didn't have this up until a month ago when I had a pacemaker installed and now suddenly when I lie down on my right this "hearbeat" is so pronounced I cannot fall asleep. I will go to the dr. and ask about it and let you know.

Heyy bakke04, I have similar symptoms and no doctor takes me seriously. I got similar symptoms and its getting worst now. I got my echo, ecg, carotid artery ultrasound done but nothing showed up. Lately my i have started feeling heartbeat throughout my body and even back of my head when i lie down. I am just 23 and pretty screwed up. Could you please share what kind of symptoms you had and what nervous system disorder were you diagnosed with. I would appreciate your reply man. tc

I also have the same symptoms for about 7 months now. it all started as a terrible palpitation that i thought it would take my life away, It went away for several days but i was surprised it was replaced by another symptoms, To make the story short, right now i can feel like my pulse is pushing me internally, to what i can describe it is like holding a bucket full of water and walking with it, the water vibrating as you walk is for me the terrible pulse i'm experiencing right now. i can feel it whenever im just not moving or when im still, i can also feel it the back of my head like a squeezing sensation but not that hard of a squeeze. I can see the shirt on my chest move up and down as i nod my head down.

i always feel this everyday 24/7 hoping that one day it will just go away. I've been to the cardio to have my 2d echo months ago but nothing showed up alarming. im just 22 yrs old. male.

In my opinion for this condition you must consult a heart specialist 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x167vdn does anyone else have this? I can see it 24/7 it's just easier to show it on video after a little exercise. The scar in the middle is complete unrelated, it's from surfing over 10 years ago. This protruding heartbeat started in July of last year.

I am an very athletic male and have the same exact thing! I am glad I am not alone! My heart is Ok! Could you use your IPhones HD camera and video it? What I did for my video is to stand with my left shoulder near a bright window and place my phone firmly on my right chest looking toward my left chest visible heart area and the lens area of the phone closest to my chest. It is really clear when using the video mode and being still! I did this to send to my Dr. And friends. I will send you my video too!  Jason Thanks'

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm fat as all hell and I experience the same thing.... I'm an active fat guy so that might be why

Sadie,
I am a male of 50 now, very athletic into karate and ripped and have a very visible heartbeat. I feel every beat. And see all beats. After exercise you will hear it thudding in my chest.
I thought I was a freak or something as I have had it my whole life.
I will show you a short clip of my visible heartbeat and you will hear it thumping as well with the camera microphone.
Jay

I am an athletic male and also have a very visible and noticeable as well as loud heartbeat.
Can you see it if you stand by a window and look down?
Mine I can feel all the beats and also feel the blood surging through it after heavy exercise.
Write me Jay Thanks