I have had a constant pressure in rectum for the past month. i have no blood in my stool, i have what seems to be a normal stool. 2 -3 times a day but the pressure just doesnt go away, although it does reside sometimes. this bothers me alot i cant even go through my day without constantly thinking about it. i also have another very strange sensation that started 2 weeks ago. i have a constant urge to urinate also. Usually which ever one is worst is the one i feel the most but they are still both there. I went to my doctor and had a full blood count done and a full physical. She tells me it should go away but it has been so long and nothing is getting better. I am only 21 years old and shouldnt be having all these problems. I took cipro for 14 days for an infection and my doctor thinks this may have contributed to the pressure in my rectum becausae all my good bacteria got stripped. It just doesnt sound right to me. I am currently taking a 24 hour pee test where i pee in a bag for 24 hours. please help i really dont know if i should go see a gi and or a uroligist.

I have same problem. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

i am having the same issue right now.. did you ever figure out what it was?

I read the post from benzo and am having the same issues. The funny thing is that I also took Cipro for what was believed to be a bladder infection although there was no evidence of an infection in the urine sample. Ever since the Cipro, however, I have had intestinal issues that appear to be like IBS, I have developed hemmoroids, and I have this acidic taste in my mouth. It's very frustrating to say the least. I am going for a sigmoidoscopy on Monday to check things out.

Anyone figure out what it could be?

I have been having a similar issue and it showed up about 6 months after I took Cipro for a bladder infection. I had other side effects and had to stop the Cipro about 2 days early - did for as long as I could handle it then told the Dr. no more. The follow up was clear so she okayed the stop. However, I'v been having IBS like issues since, constipation, pressure, bloating, and tendon tightness in the hip and butt and in my achilles tendon now. I see these things as issues when I look up Cipro. I'm hoping time will resolve them.

I'm curious how you are feeling now? are things better. The reason I ask is because I was put on Cipro twice for UTI and noticed that after being on Cipro for awhile I started developing pressure in my rectum and vagina.

if the IBS is cleared.
i think you guys have a internal hemorrhoids or mixed hemorrhoids (internal and external hemorrhoids) which causes rectum pressure that leads to urge to defecates and sometimes when it touch yhe prostate that may coz sensation or urge to urinate.
try ultraproct suppository 1 suppository/rectum twice a day for 10 days and do also hot sitz bath for 10 days.
avoid spicy foods. caffeine and alcohols that might cause diuretic effectas

Did you ever get an answer? I have EXACTLY the same symptoms. This has been happening on and off for periods of weeks for over 3 years.

I have eactly the same things for over 6 months now and I don't know what to do. Any help? I hesitate to ask the doctor for a colonscopy or stomach scan or something. I think they're somehow related or even the cause of the problems but I'm not sure.

I get the same pressure which feels like I need to have a bowel movement when I dont. But I dont get it everyday! What I noticed was that the pressure is relieved or atleast most of it is relieved when I start farting. This leads me to believe its a build up of gas that makes me feel the pressure. Does this sound logical? Can gas be trapped in that area? It is extremely frustrating, any answers are appreciated :

I have the same problems. I have hemhoroids (sp?) on and off but this pressure is new. It fels like my anus is "falling" out but it isnt. It feels greasy but it isnt. When I pass gas it feels better for a bit. It has been 12 weeks now - I have a colonoscopy next week so I'll see. 37 yr old male. I have been on 9 different antibiotics in the last year for everything from teeth, to cellulitis, to staph (toe). I almost cannot focus on anything else. The only time it is ok is first thing in the morning.

Sound similar?

I feel a sense of relief as well when gas passes but in my case ,I started getting constant discomfort in the prostate area after masturbation and even though I totally cutback on masturbation I still have the discomfiort.So is it hemorrhoids? I finally masturbated three weeks later and the discomfort flared up.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm experiencing very similar symptoms, although the urge to urinate is not much of a problem for me, and I was never on Cipro (not even sure what it is). I'm an otherwise healthy young male who exercises often and eats a well-balanced diet, but I don't have health insurance, so I had to go to a free health clinic. It's been going on for almost four weeks for me, three weeks by the time I went to the doctor, who told me it was hemorrhoids and gave me an cortisone cream. Excuse me, but it doesn't seem like any symptoms of hemorrhoids I've ever read about; it actually feels better when I sit down, there is no itching (so the cream is useless), and increasing my fiber intake so far has done nothing. I believe him that I do have hemorrhoids, but like the original poster, I think this other condition caused them because of the constant pressure. I also have a hard time farting these days; it seems to take a lot of effort to release gas. And masturbation/sex for me is out of the question...last time I tried it, it just killed my hemorrhoids, and I was in agony for the rest of the night. Any suggestions on making this go away?

Has anyone figured out what this is?

I think what you have is kidney stones the spasming of the muscles in the tubes from the kidney causes the feeling of wanting tovisit the loo.